It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profile customizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Something I've been wanting to ask, as an idea, is can we have options to customize our profiles with options such as background colors/image, text color, templates, and/or embedded mp3s and podcasts?

Of course, these new features can be added to the ATS store for purchase.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That would be cool,

but i dont think the ATS servers would be able to keep up

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Falken]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't have a clue about the technical challenges of doing all that, but I like all the ideas. Hopefully there would also be systems in place so our profiles wont end up as ugly looking as most Myspace pages.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sounds good to me, too. I don't think it would be too much of a hassle to implement.

But only the great Overlord can answer that for sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Post...

We're ever busy, but I'll remember this for when we have a free second and bring it up with Skeptic. It could be done.

I'm not saying it will though.

It could create some loss of speed on the server if there are more images and so on that it needs to deal with. There are also some other downsides, but I'll keep this on my list ok?

Theres a chance.

I think it would be really cool, but not if it takes ATS 10 minutes to load a page or something.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I second, or third, or wait I quadrupley agree with that.

And I'd like to add it would be cool to have a choice o layout design, like be able to
choose from different layouts, or even create your own, so like I could put my personal
info on one side and all the friend info on the other side and top threads on the top,
or some other design.

However, I'd imagine it would take a lot of time and energy to do (takes me hours
just to create a basic HTML website), so I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here is a better question IMO, can I pay physical money to have the profile customization? I feel this site is a great service, and have no problem paying for extra features and services if they are offered at a reasonable rate.

With the added income generated from users who also would not mind paying physical cash(wire transfer, CC, paypal, whatever) I think we could even afford to utilize the ATS store and points system to dish-out souveniers, books, apparael, and trinkets and such for all member.

Books being the key there. Perhaps a retailing license can be obtained to offer published subject matter for the goal of further denying ignorance.

These are just my Free Market, Capitalist, Socialst, Educated opinions here, and would not mind hearing some constructive criticism of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i have asked this before and was told by Zed that they would look into
it (topics been moved to complaints and suggestions board for staff)

new topics

top topics

join