It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a 132, 123, 213, 231...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

If you were to rewrite my original post, could you do so in fewer words with the same intended meaning? I would be open to it.

Originally posted by GreatTech
Are you a 132, 123, 213, 231, 312, 321, 12, 13, 23, 21, 31, 32, 1, 2, or 3?

1 = God

2 = Yourself

3 = Other People.

So a 123 would attempt to put God first, himself or herself second, and everybody else third. A 32 would put everybody else first, and himself or herself second. etc.

I attempt every day to be a 132.

"You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and first commandment. The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments." Matthew 22:37-40.

Love and Blessings.

I have changed it ever so slightly and even come in under budget.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysouland lurkerbeast, i am a true 32 and i know i'm not a liar... but i may be the exception because i have the low self-esteem

You might have deluded your self to believe you’re a 32, but that still makes you a liar. You’re lying first and foremost to your self.

Nobody is a 32, it’s not even humanly possible to put everyone else first in all regards. If you were a 32, you’d be dead, you’d give up all your possessions and things of value to help for instance the millions of starving children around the world then you’d sacrifice your own life so that others might live happily in your place. For an example, every time you purchase a pair of Nike shoes, you are putting your self first. You’re benefiting from others slave labor.

To you, from your perspective, you are the most important person in the world.

This is a basic truth which embraces the very foundation of humanity. You forget that humans are individuals and selfish by nature. This is not necessarily “evil” or “bad”, however.

I thought you were an atheist, yet you think like a theist.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Me, myself, myself and I
Just me, myself and I
Myself, myself
I, I, I, I, I

Me, myself, myself and I
Just me, myself and I
Me, myself, myself and I
Just me, myself and I

I woke up late
Fell out of bed
Missed the bus to
High school hell
Mom's painting my nails
Reading a magazine
You seem asleep
Me steal the keys
Now I'm the star
Of my neighbour hell

Jive Jones summing it up rather nicly I think.

I would put myself as a 222.

That's Me, Myself and I

When TSHTF you know how it has to be!

Unless my boy is with me in which case he comes first every time.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm a 231... but i want to be a 321. I endeavor to be a 321, but since i can't always put other in front of me (or don't want to), I'm a 231.

1 comes last for me, cause it's all powerful and all knowing. It doesn't need me doing anything for it, only others.

That's my opinion anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
JessicaS, even though I do not agree with your philosophy, I am glad that you believe in God.

God Bless!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks GT.

I guess I see putting god first like putting religion first. Maybe it's me, but i don't see how churches can ask for so much money, guilt you into into donating, only for those who preach to live better than you do.

I tend to think god wants us to help each other and work together as a team. I think only as working together can we achieve the world we want to live in.

But that's me.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
Thanks GT.

I guess I see putting god first like putting religion first. Maybe it's me, but i don't see how churches can ask for so much money, guilt you into into donating, only for those who preach to live better than you do.

I tend to think god wants us to help each other and work together as a team. I think only as working together can we achieve the world we want to live in.

But that's me.

If I am honest with myself, I'm a 213. Not intentionally, but I don't think God 24/7 like my wife. she is definetly a 123.
As for church and money. My church has to rely on donations for all running expences. We were forcast for a £15,000 shortfall last time I heard.
We live on a £19,000 a year salary and can barely make ends meet.
So not all churches are rich.
Cheers
jon

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
32 and proud to my selfish genome.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerBeast
You might have deluded your self to believe you’re a 32, but that still makes you a liar. You’re lying first and foremost to your self.

I'd like to view myself as a 32 in most aspects . However yes, I would, in a life or death situation, put myself first.
I mean, this thing that we call life, could indeed be 'all in my head', figuratively speaking.

Nobody is a 32, it’s not even humanly possible to put everyone else first in all regards.

Well, if certain religious extremists can put belief in a possibly mythical afterlife and kill themselves for their 'God', isn't it even possible that there may be true 32's? Also most, though unfortunately not all, people are not limited to your polarising views that, either you are a full 32, or you ain't.

If you were a 32, you’d be dead, you’d give up all your possessions and things of value to help for instance the millions of starving children around the world then you’d sacrifice your own life so that others might live happily in your place. For an example, every time you purchase a pair of Nike shoes, you are putting your self first. You’re benefiting from others slave labor.

No, you seem to harbour a different delusion, that humanity can only be either fully 123, 231, 321 etc etc.
Isn't it possible to be mostly a 32, rather than going 'the whole nine yards', forsaking all possessions etc?
I will put your views in reverse.
You are a 23. By definition you cannot comprehend that anyone else should be equal to, or above you, in any aspect. You will ALWAYS, even when not necessary in the slightest, put yourself first. You're the kind of '# everyone else! It's all about ME ME ME!' person that, in choosing between self-gratification and the enjoyment of others, will always choose the former to the latter. I would say 'I hope later in life you will realise that friends, family etc etc matter in the end' blah blah blah but, at the end of the day, I know deep down you wouldn't care, or matter in the slightest.
You've gotta love extremes, don't you?

I thought you were an atheist, yet you think like a theist.

Once more, we reinforce the myth that atheists, as we do not believe in a God/gods, are nihilistic hedonists headed towards self-gratifying oblivion.
Pardon my saying so but you seem more like a theist than atheist, my firend.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by LurkerBeast]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticarI'd like to view myself as a 32 in most aspects . However yes, I would, in a life or death situation, put myself first.
I mean, this thing that we call life, could indeed be 'all in my head', figuratively speaking.

Your answer does not reflect the question though. He did not ask who you put first in most aspects, but who you put first, period.

Originally posted by ChaoticarWell, if certain religious extremists can put belief in a possibly mythical afterlife and kill themselves for their 'God', isn't it even possible that there may be true 32's? Also most, though unfortunately not all, people are not limited to your polarising views that, either you are a full 32, or you ain't.

Religious extremists are not just killing them selves for their ‘God’, but for the reward they believe they’re going to get when doing so. Therefore the action is inherently selfish.

Originally posted by ChaoticarNo, you seem to harbour a different delusion, that humanity can only be either fully 123, 231, 321 etc etc.
Isn't it possible to be mostly a 32, rather than going 'the whole nine yards', forsaking all possessions etc?

I never stated that you are either a full 32 or 23. Life is pretty much nothing but a shade of grey. However, in regards to the question, it is dishonest to say you’re a 32.

Originally posted by ChaoticarI will put your views in reverse.
You are a 23. By definition you cannot comprehend that anyone else should be equal to, or above you, in any aspect. You will ALWAYS, even when not necessary in the slightest, put yourself first. You're the kind of '# everyone else! It's all about ME ME ME!' person that, in choosing between self-gratification and the enjoyment of others, will always choose the former to the latter. I would say 'I hope later in life you will realise that friends, family etc etc matter in the end' blah blah blah but, at the end of the day, I know deep down you wouldn't care, or matter in the slightest.
You've gotta love extremes, don't you?

Humorous… Again, my answer was in reference to the question and had nothing to do with the practicality of life.

Originally posted by ChaoticarOnce more, we reinforce the myth that atheists, as we do not believe in a God/gods, are nihilistic hedonists headed towards self-gratifying oblivion.
Pardon my saying so but you seem more like a theist than atheist, my firend.

Self gratification is pretty much the meaning of life, for every individual life form. There is nothing neither wrong nor negative in accepting this.

Humans can work together, however, to ensure that everyone is given the same opportunities for a good life. You can be selfish and still at the same time ‘put others first’ in various scenarios, merely because this will in turn (if everyone returns the favour) be in your own benefit. I think it is important to accept, however, no matter how selfish and dark it sounds, that putting your self first is natural and logical.

I guess it is also worth mentioning that humans can and do often sacrifice them selves for others where there is no clear benefit for them selves. These types of actions can be motivated by nothing but pure compassion, however it is rather rare. If humans acted this way as “default” the entire world as we know it would be utterly turned on its head.

On a day to day basis, we live for our selves. We are the most important person in our lives.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah I'm a 323 a 310 and a 213.

sometimes an 818.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
well according to your lil number system I say I am a;

I feel like a nul though.

although some might say I'm a vier-twintig.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I can't respond to your private message Chaoticar, I don't have the neccessary 20 posts yet.

But thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't think it matters. Its moot. Right now, I'm 23. Tomorrow, I may not be, who knows? So, I'll fall back on some good advice I think Rodney Dangerfield first related to me.

"Always look out for Number One...just don't step in number two!"

I like to think ahead on how decisions involving Number Two will affect Number Three, because Number One may be watching, but, ultimately, it's up to Number Two to decide how Number Two will conduct themselves, regardless on the inclusion of Number One or Number Three.

Well, that did a number on me and my numbers up, so I pass it off to the next Number Two in the discussion.

It's still moot, IMO.

Cuhail

top topics

<< 1   >>

join