It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight back how?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I've seen this type of mentality countless times on these forums and kept my mouth shut about it.

It applies to everything, from UFOs to 9/11 conspiracies to the NWO to Chemtrails and on and on forever. We're always told that we need to "GET UP AND FIGHT". We're warned of imminent danger and told that we must stop being lazy and fight back.

What I would like to know is how the hell are we supposed to fight back?

IF the government is secretly trying to whipe out half of us and then take over, and they have all kinds of super weapons and holograms and secret shapeshifting powers, how exactly are we to stand a chance against them?

"Raising awareness" doesn't do anything. It's just another form of all talk no action. People don't generally believe in this stuff, so simply making YouTube videos isn't going to help the cause in any way. An ant VS a bear will be just as effective as 1000 ants VS a bear anyways, so even if you did manage to convice all your friends of whatever theory you believe in, it isn't going to do much good. Not everyone is easily convinced of the government being evil because of some video you made from selected images and shots that are chosen to fit your agenda.

So what exactly do you mean when you tell us to get up and fight back? Are we supposed to storm the White House and take over? What are you doing to fight the cause, aside from telling us to fight for you?

I wonder just how many people are actually willing to give their lives to prove 9/11 was a government plot, or that the NWO is coming to get us. I wonder how many are actually willing to give their lives for what you believe is justice, instead of just discussing it from the comfort of your living room.

I love discussing this stuff, don't get me wrong...But those who tell me I need to take it further and actually fight back take it way too far. The majority of conspiracy theories are simply that: theories.

I'm don't care enough to give my life for theories.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I still believe in the possibility of political change. I think if, in the 2008 elections, 25% of American voters vote for themselves -- if we saw a widespread boycott of the two-party system -- nobody could deny any longer that there is some serious discontent out there. People have to stop being content with voting for the lesser of two evils, and start using their vote to do some good.

join