It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel deploys robo-snipers on Gaza border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Man do I love these people!

Israel is the only country in the world to have big enough balls to deploy such a weapon.

We need this gun on our Southern Border!

Man still in the loop...to begin with
By Lewis Page.
Published Tuesday 5th June 2007 12:07 GMT

Israel has begun deploying stationary robot gun-and-sensor installations along its borders with the Gaza Strip, according to reports.

Both Jane's Defence Weekly and Defence News reported last week that the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) have begun deploying automated gun stations in pillboxes along the Gaza border.

The robot systems are said to mount cal-fifty (12.7mm) machine guns, protected by "armoured folding shields" until ready to fire.

link to Mini Sampson RCWS

www.rafael.co.il...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just a sidenote:
The system in your link appears to be a fairly normal remote weapons station (un-manned turret) system used in many modern APCs and IFVs...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
wow i do love these people as they have no respect for human life at all reminds me of a tirent 50 odd years ago.
these weapons will just be used to kill cuvilians and maybe a couple of militants, on the bright side for them the person behind the trigger or switch wont be the one doing the killing. or if its automatic it would just kill without predujist

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It's really no different to have a remote turret instead of a soldier guarding the border, both will shoot without questions. Only advantage is that automated aiming systems are probably more accurate and reduce collateral damage. A definite plus to the IDF is the fact that kidnapping a turret doesn't have such an impact to morale as a kidnapping of a soldier has.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
It's really no different to have a remote turret instead of a soldier guarding the border, both will shoot without questions. Only advantage is that automated aiming systems are probably more accurate and reduce collateral damage. A definite plus to the IDF is the fact that kidnapping a turret doesn't have such an impact to morale as a kidnapping of a soldier has.

good for the IDF they lose less of the soliders

soliders can think before shooting (something israelis lack)
machines will shoot at anything which isnt marked as safe

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that IDF is planing to use these without a man-on-the-loop, but even if they do i don't think it's a problem to shoot everyone crossing into an area where no-one is allowed to go? It's not like these turrets will be dropped to the streets of Gaza with orders to exterminate everything, i assume that the target area (border) is clearly marked. If you're dumb enough to walk to place with a sign "do not enter, we will respond with lethal force" then nothing is going to save you in those parts of the world.

Ps. Besides what's the big deal, didn't the DDR have automated guns at its borders?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I guess this is the IDF way to "Celebrate" the 40th anniversary of OCCUPATION.

And as I said numerous times before - the only reason that Israel left Gaza Strip is to create one big military polygon to fire all kinds of weapons at will.

In one word:

Pathocracy
Pathocracy is a disease of great social movements followed by entire societies, nations, and empires. In the course of human history, it has affected social, political, and religious movements as well as the accompanying ideologies… and turned them into caricatures of themselves…. This occurred as a result of the … participation of pathological agents in a pathodynamically similar process. That explains why all the pathocracies of the world are, and have been, so similar in their essential properties.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Souljah, what a pity you don't speak out against the utter sensless & waste of human life that so called 'freedom fighters' are waging against the lawful armed forces of Lebanon.

I was once pro-Israel, but their continued ill treatment of the JewishArabs, the ones you call Palestinians, is quite beyond the pale.

But Souljah, having fled from Gaza, Israel is still being rocketed and both Israelis and JewishArabs alike, are being murdered by suicide bombers.

Even the Hezbollah and Hamas warmongers are fighting amongst themselves.

This illustrates to me and every impartial observer that the leaders of these groups are just gun loving control freaks who feed on the misery of others in their quest and lust for absolute power.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Even the Hezbollah and Hamas warmongers are fighting amongst themselves.

This illustrates to me and every impartial observer that the leaders of these groups are just gun loving control freaks who feed on the misery of others in their quest and lust for absolute power.

Well but did you ask yourself WHY are they such warmongers?

Have you asked yourself WHO gains, when the Arab fractions fight among themselves?

Ever heard of Balkanization?

Certain Intelligence agencies have.

Please read:
Hamas is a Creation of Mossad?
Is Hizb'Allah a Mossad front?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by northwolf

good for the IDF they lose less of the soliders

soliders can think before shooting (something israelis lack)
machines will shoot at anything which isnt marked as safe

Look at all the fighting happening at the Gaza Strip. If any civilian is dumb enough to be prancing around there then it is there fault they got shot.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Look at all the fighting happening at the Gaza Strip. If any civilian is dumb enough to be "prancing around there" then it is there fault they got shot.

most these people that are shot are eitther walking home from/to work or walking from/to school

you call trying to get on with your lives Prancing around

if thats prancing around i would really like to know what real prancing around is

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
I was once pro-Israel, but their continued ill treatment of the JewishArabs, the ones you call Palestinians, is quite beyond the pale.

They're not Jewish. If they were, they WOULD be able to use their right to return. A lot of people from places like Morocco and Russia are migrating to Israel because they have some Jewish blood in their family and they want to move.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Look at all the fighting happening at the Gaza Strip. If any civilian is dumb enough to be "prancing around there" then it is there fault they got shot.

most these people that are shot are eitther walking home from/to work or walking from/to school

you call trying to get on with your lives Prancing around

if thats prancing around i would really like to know what real prancing around is

So people get on with their lives by walking close to Israeli outposts? Don't bother replying, as I'm sure you knew EXACTLY that I meant.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

So people get on with their lives by walking close to Israeli outposts? Don't bother replying, as I'm sure you knew EXACTLY that I meant.

yea Israel have outposts/checkpoints all around Gaza and west bank so what do you expect?
palistinian encounter them every day

ps dont tell me not to reply

unless you think you own the place

new topics

top topics

join