It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some help with a strange cryptic message.Please!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If you disregard and change the spacing in the words at the top, it almost sounds like it says "PM DIXIT E TALE TO U"

Out loud it's like "PM DIXIT A TALE TO YOU"

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ok well, I respect your mathematical background, as you claim, however does this mean there are not other interpretations that might also be vaild?

I am simply contributing to the thread - I did not respond to any of your posts saying you were "in fact" incorrect about any of your mathematical contributions. I'd appreciate it if you would consider that before claiming something as fact before we really understand it to be factual.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't know if this will help or not, but has anyone noticed that the text on the front side of the card:

PM DIXIT ET AL E TU

has been outlined in purple? I can't make out if all the letters are copied over exactly with purple, but the final "E" doesn't appear to be completely overlayed.

Just a thought-
LL

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'd also like to mention this website -

It has some striking similitaries to the layout of the card - with minor subsitutions -

Universal Set

The square with the "E" thats empty, the U=[] which resembles a universal set - albiet the U should be capital - but we are talking about humans here, and human error is always a source of consideration.

Perhaps the author of the card / formula is trying to protray the formual and saying as part of a whole set? *shrugs*

To add: the website says you can also represent a universal set with a capital "E" which is evident on the card - an empty square except for the "E" in the upper left hand corner.....interesting.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by zeeon]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
OK, not being a math whiz, I thought of this more along the lines of a message. Sort of like handing out a card to someone who parks taking up two spaces, and you want them to think about it.

The OP said the guy acted angry, and was talking loud, which I would take to mean that he felt he wasn't being understood.

So here's my rough translation:

Think! (Big light bulb) Everything/all energy (you is implied, because card is directed at a single person) are in a box. Think! (light bulb covers both lines of 'script') outside the box(this line of 'script' is actually outside of the box/square)u(text for you) equal the same thing only slightly changed in higher dimensions (the set of the equation).

The line (_ _ _ _ _ ) just ended that thought or statement.

RAN, means that if you used this idea of a higher self and tried to change (the 'yes-no boxes) the path would lead to answer on the reverse side(the line with the notation of PTO for 'please turn over')

The other side of the card reads from right to left as it is a continuation of the front.

Higher dimensions (5 and the plus) would still reflect (the shadowing effect) you (implied again) in a box.

So basically it says that you and the world are 'closed' in and even if you attained a higher degree of understanding, you would still wind up in a box, or in effect, closed minded.

Dude, I think he was just dissing you and your other workers with these cards, which is why he gave out more than one. He may have gotten in some type of 'trouble' for such action before, which is why he fashioned it in such a cryptic manner. Maybe at another store like yours he was asked to leave or in some way made to feel that he was unwelcome, and he came in your store ready to show his anger.

I would check with some other stores to see if there was a disturbance with a customer a few days to a couple of weeks prior to your own event. They might still have video of it if the problem was big enough.

Just a different take on the card. I really don't know what it means, but that's the way it feels to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What a great thread. Really gives some insight on what can be seen and interpreted as "symbolic". But as I read through it, I wondered, what would be the point in giving out cards that are as cryptic as these obviously are? I mean, there's no way the average person is going to have the inclination, not to mention ability, to determinte the meaning.

So my .02 opinion is that the guy's either a complete whack job, or he's goofing on you for sport. Maybe both.

My prediction is that he'll eventually come back and when you press him for additional info, he'll hand you yet another card that says something like-

G*U*R*E*Z

Either way, a fascinating situation and I'll retreat back to lurk mode to see what you guys come up with.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think the Box on the Back might represent our 3-dimensional space, and as mentioned before the 5+ might mean the fifth and higher dimensions, so the arrow might mean all these higher dimensions all fit within our own universe, a theory already put forth by string theory.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't know if you guys already covered this. but PM also stands for Prime Minister.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey Zeeko -

Is it possible to get another scan of the card without you going over the lettering at the top (the PM DIXIT) with a pen? I would like to see how it was originally - just to see if we are missing something here.

Thanks,
zeeon

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't know if this was mentioned before (I don't think so, I reviewed the whole thread) -

RAN is also an abbreviation for Royal Austrailian Navy - lol - quite a co-incendence beings how Zeeko is in aussy land. don't know if it is just conincidence, but interesting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
....Dude, I think he was just dissing you and your other workers with these cards, which is why he gave out more than one.....

i think you got it spot on.

people that the crazy guy dislikes get the N box checked, and people that are doing okay by him get the Y box checked.

but in the end, they both lead to the same conclusion (PTO) which is that you have to learn to see yourSELF as existing outside the box.

dkp

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
zeeko could u please awnser the questions on page 2 by me ...thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Hey Zeeko -

Is it possible to get another scan of the card without you going over the lettering at the top (the PM DIXIT) with a pen? I would like to see how it was originally - just to see if we are missing something here.

Thanks,
zeeon

Yes its possible, I'll have to wait until Tuesday as I'm am not at work until then (took some days off).

Aslo what you said about the Navy is interesting as I'm ex-Army ( a stretch but its still Defense Force).

As for the two questions on page two - I answered them in this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

UPDATE: No reply yet from Mensa Australia (forwarded them this thread as well as sending the scans). IF ANYONE WANTS TO FORWARD TO US BRANCH OF MENSA DO-SO!

UPDATE: Called five other stores in QLD that may have heard of him - no luck, they reakon I have a whack job (as do I now).

UPDATE: Copy went to a University Mathematics Professor, waiting to hear from him.

PS Someone asked before why the text has been written on with pen - I did this to make out the words as the print quality was horrible in that section (a clue perhaps?)

I've been seeing fantastic work here by everyone, a LOT of it way over my head, but as they say great minds think alike!

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
just a thought but have you tried holding the cards under uv light to see if anything else is written on them (or even above some heat to see if the is a lemon juice message hidden there). perhaps he hid more info there.

he probably is slightly disturbed but aren't genius and madness often found together?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
just a thought but have you tried holding the cards under uv light to see if anything else is written on them (or even above some heat to see if the is a lemon juice message hidden there). perhaps he hid more info there.

he probably is slightly disturbed but aren't genius and madness often found together?

Yep I tried those.
No luck

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This is "your" test ..."your" riddle, and maybe "your" acceptance into the light.

You will know the path, if taken the right direction.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi

I have been looking in to this cryptic messages you have been given.

Please take what i say with a pinch of salt as it is only an opinion that i have formed from trawling the internet for the last 2 hours.

from what i can gather the number 5 is in most of the symbols. even the first side in the square - the E in the corner is actually a previous way of writing the number 5 - so is the y in the top left hand corner.

The mathematical section concludes with five and the speed of light noted from previous posts.

the back of the note having a five and pointing to a cube with the five sides if one side is on a surface.

leading me to believe that this note is about fives. nothing more.

Along with that it also leads me to believe that the person delivering the notes was from a religious group studying Discordianism which believes in the Law of Fives (everything is related to a five in some way)

Please see supporting information:

en.wikipedia.org...(number)

en.wikipedia.org...

I hope this has helped in some way.

again i hope you look at this with open eyes as i may be way off the mark and it truely is about time travel and physics and the like. this is just my opinion.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by mace778]

[edit on 7-6-2007 by mace778]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It seems to be an old crypture of some kind. I just ran a google search on the phrase looking for the words in all known modern languages and google came back with nothing, which would suggest that it is Not a foriegn language. It doesn't even appear to be Latin.

Whatever this is, I'm stumped!

Tim

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
PM also means "post mortem" that could be scary

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yo yo yo i say yoyo (As close as I can get to cool speak), what news, work today as usual? Any French Dimensional Scientists in today? I had none. (Picture Seinfeld)(Newman!!!)

[edit on 12-6-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join