It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some help with a strange cryptic message.Please!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
'Et tu' is also Latin. Remember old Latin phrase Et tu, Brute??

Anyway, this is very interesting. It would be nice if someone could decipher the equation.

Too bad I'm short on time, I like stuff like this. One hint - in puzzles like this, something that is quite obvious is often not seen or misinterpreted.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Been looking at the scan, and it dosent look like DIXIT is written but more like DIX (alt+218) T (the alt+218 from the ASCII table can't be written here, has to be done in wordpad or something). Dix is number 10 in french so it could be : 10 (alt+218) T. Don't know what the alt+218 sign means though.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by America Jones
Maybe he's a French performance artist who likes the graphic features of formal notation.

Or maybe its just the rantings of an insane man and means nothing. My good friend one day started to act very odd. Would go missing for days on end and come back with crazy stories of being followed by the CIA and other agencys. One day he showed up at my house at 3am with a "Flow Chart" that this reminds me of. Random equations and symbols that ment nothing. He is now in a mental hospital.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
nice thread...

since no one touched base on what was on the bottom of the card on the front i thought i would for you.

i found several meanings for PTO
-patent and trademark office
-power take off (a driveshaft in a tractor)
-paid time off
none that mean anything (if this french dude is playing a trick i WILL find him...lol)

Where there is a line connecting no to pto, i think that that RAN is not PTO but the dotted line to the y symbolizes that it could be

oh and i think that the five on the back does not mean 5 cubed. what is cubed? its a dimention right? so i think that it says 5th dimention

this problly does not help at all but its my 2 cents worth

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new.

As for the name and backside, I've no idea, BUT.....

u=etc.

u, especially in circuits, refers to something called the "unit step function".

The rest reads:
u equals the set of all alpha such that positive or negative alpha equals positive five. BASICALLY, Some unit step function that evaluates to 1 when alpha = +/-5

OR it could just be a u that is the set of all things that evaluates to 5 or -5.

OR the superscript 5 could mean, well, 5+. The concept of infintessimally close to five on the positive side. Kind of a limit thing for you novices.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I was thinking about the bottom of the first side of the card too.
It seemed to me that it was acting similar to a troubleshooting chart.

Like: Is this correct? If yes follow this line..... If no follow this line....

Both answers lead to the letters PTO on the bottom right of the card.

The answer/next step is on the back of the card. Therefore it would be logical to assume that PTO means...Please Turn Over.

Or, I should say, it seems logical to me.

[edit on 6/5/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
2 more things sorry

1) the three dots means therefore in case you were wondering.

2) the front bottom clearly is a flowchart:

IF "RAN" THEN

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
ha, sorry man. You beat me to the post.

Anyway, it might be worth noting (I know some people don't think it's five cubed... and I agree because he would just write 3 up there with the plus, but...) that five cubed and negative five cubed are in fact different, so his point might be something there.

Also, he might be referring to something much more complex, like projecting this circuitual function onto the surface of a cube using strange vector projection methods (using the phasors of AC power).

Or, possibly an abstract five-faced object in higher dimensions.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
two questions for Zeeko that might help us...
-what were the other questions he asked you?
-did he seem to have more cards and just gave you three out of a pile?...cause if he had more he might be just handing them out to random people
-are you 100% positve they are the same EXACT cards?

and for the other on this thread... things to think about as i am thinking about them
- there are 34 dashes
-18 dots next to the Y
- maybe the arrow is not pointing to the cube but to the base or bottom
- why did the man give zeeko 3 of the SAME card and not just one

[edit on 5-6-2007 by ucanneverdie]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
HEY man nice call!

the right side of the cube is shaded, and that's what the arrow is pointed to. Could the shaded side be the square that the epsilon is in? Does that mean anything to anyone?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Call me crazy but why didn't you just ask the guy what the cards meant?

SLPEXE

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Call me crazy but why didn't you just ask the guy what the cards meant?

SLPEXE

ha!..heheheHAHAHAHA!!!...omg...so simple

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have searched the entire internet for clarifications of the "Cypher" and there is no one simple answer.
If you have any inclination of this individual, or where he is from with deffinate accurracies, it is a difficult road to pave for info.
I have found scripts in German, Chinese and French. Though that the latin seem's to be there as well.
In the USA we have 'Prank Business Cards' and I was wondering if you have recieved one from another continent?
Even in the crypts of universities and colleges, there is nothing that corresponds with the theorem.
If you wish too have the research places I have visited, "I will gladly give them too you."
Quantam, Electro, Mechanical, Astral and Fringe science's , "There is nothing that corrisponds with the given equation that you recieved."

I have it on an auot search, so far, nothing 'Unusual".

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just as an idea....

I don't think this thread is getting the attention that is needed to solve the "equation".

I have noticed that there are ALOT of mathematically minded people in the Science Forum,and have seen "Math" topics devoured with eager teeth. If you ask mods to move or duplicate this thread in that area, you might get a few scientific minds on the case as not everyone is into "conspiracies", which is where this thread sits.

Just a suggestion.

I'm watching and waiting eagerly, Very intriguing thread

AoN

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
On flow charts I've seen, in the mechanics industry, a dotted line
means an option.

Like, if you were trouble-shooting a light problem, rear floodlights might
be an option, so in the chart would be denoted with a dashed or dotted
line.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Dont know if this is anything but could PM DIXIT be roman numerals i.e. NUMBERS? It is an equation afterall. Or I could be completely wrong, which has never happened before....hmmm.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Springheel Jack]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
Dont know if this is anything but could PM DIXIT be roman numerals i.e. NUMBERS? It is an equation afterall. Or I could be completely wrong, which has never happened before....hmmm.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Springheel Jack]

Actually. From my previous post, I am declined to give favotites to the 'Roman' agreement.
After going through every step of the math, I come up with a very distinctive conclusion. (Not saying it is the right one.)

There aree simple applications of science's with mathimatical probabilites, you just have to go backwards to find the answers. There are implications of these notations, they are just not convergent to one another at this point and time.
If one goes to Trig. then they experience intellectual Non-Conclusion, but if you blend for a while between the afore mentioned problem at hand and start combining them, "There probably is an answer." Regardless of the out come, "Fact or fiction", there is something to be found.
Here is a websitte that will take you too a 'Blast from the past' , but follow the Equations and the theorems as they are explained.

a&a atributes of a non existant formal equation, though we have an A-Z format for math, there still is no variation for the primary of the #5. (Other than 25) .

Just follow the pages:
www.themathpage.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interesting!

Be warned - I'm a skeptic about anything like this (at the moment) and think a lot of this stuff is random and meaningless. I await a logical outcome.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

I await a logical outcome.

Have fun, in Life !

Dang, that was a one-liner....

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie
two questions for Zeeko that might help us...
-what were the other questions he asked you?
-did he seem to have more cards and just gave you three out of a pile?...cause if he had more he might be just handing them out to random people
-are you 100% positve they are the same EXACT cards?

Morning all! Lucky I have today off work to pursue this further.

To answer your questions:

1)
He asked "how many staff?" - I replied with four including the wife. He gave me three cards then - which interests me, why not christine? (assuming their for rod, nick and myself.

He said something about one of our suppliers and our incompetence (I was very rushed at the time and working on three pieces of equipment and then jumped outta work area to help Nick with the calibrations as he is still newish here).

2) He may of had multiple cards however never saw him produce them.

3) These are exact scans of the cards. By the looks of the paper its definitely home-printed on very low quality photo paper (normal texture on front side and a slight gloss on the rear).100% positive what you see is what I got - scanned em as soon as I got home.

The flow chart at the bottom puzzles me as the "Y" option (assuming its for 'yes') has the dotted line that still links with the 'No' option. Wouldn't it break away to another possibility?

If we could drag some of the guys from the science section I'm sure they could figure out the math or even the reasoning for the superscripting of the plus-minus.

I must point out I have NEVER seen him before yesterday when he came in twice. First time he bought some GREEN gator clips and a 2.1mm DC jack from our 'fidget' area and on his return bought a single GREEN gator clip.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join