It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss USA unjustly "Booed"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think she was booed for political reasons-

How RUDE can things get? The American was so hated that she tripped ( I hope she trips, I hope she trips) due to the bad wishers from the audience.

I understand this happened in Mexico?

I'm not clear on this, but the very people who want IN this country acting like animals and rejecting this woman?

This is just unforgivable and should make us think just how the neighbors feel about us.

:shk:

Its a disgrace which she handled very well. Good for her.

If this happened in Mexico, there is no excuse for such behavior.

Totally disgusting.

*Mods, if this has been posted before, sorry, i've been without a computer for awhile so please delete. thank you.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
got any pics of who got the booo
at? would like to see

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yep. It was pathetic. VERY bad manners.

She got booed. I saw it (and heard it) on clips on TV.

She also handled it VERY well and VERY maturally.

Good for her.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I agree, FF, i would have probably started crying.

How rude and pathetic.:shk:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
at? would like to see

still waiting

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Miss America pageant...big deal. Miss USA gets booed. If it was Miss Guatemala, it would have been forgotten by now....

Who honestly cares? She has nothing to do with anything of substance that is going on in the world. Let the world boo her. Who is she?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Excitable, did you see it? Maybe its nothing to us but the poor girl didnt deserve it.

I'm all for freedom of expression but when its so obvious directed at one person because of her heritage, its definatly not very nice.

If she were a bad performer and bombed, i could see it- but she was there representing the USA. The only thing they had against her was where she was from.

Booing is bad taste under any condition, on the other hand, if you want to cheer "ghetto style" go knock yourself out.

There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
at? would like to see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
awww poor girl! i saw the clip of when she feel awwww man i felt her pain but it's awesome she got up and kept on going i didn't know about the booing though until now. wow that sucks poor girl. i guess it shows what other countries think about ours. dang.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
TheBadge, it is very sad and hurtful. I don't condone it. I guess it all spirals out of Iraq.

After WW2 and into the 1970s Americans were envied and admired by the whole world. Even by people behind the Iron Curtain because after WW2 USA stood for freedom.

Now the perception has shifted. I personally think Americans need a pat on the back for the last congressional election. There's only one person to blame and a bunch of cronies around him.

It's quite wrong to take it out on any individual other than one at the White House.

Hatred is an ugly and unthinking emotion.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i meant to say fell. yeah that sucks they boo this girl who has nothing to do with whats going on . she's just trying to portray something positive.damn!

new topics

top topics

join