It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 million pound reward for proof of Nessie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Want to become an instant millionaire? Just snap a non-blurry, non-"dark shape" picture of the Loch Ness Monster.

With the renewed interest in Nessie after the "exciting" new video, the local tourist industry is getting yet another boost.

A British bookmaker offered a one million pound ($2 million) reward on Monday to anyone who can prove that Scotland's legendary Loch Ness monster does actually exist.

Bookmakers William Hill are supplying up to 50,000 instant cameras to fans attending a Loch Ness pop festival next weekend.

Source
Or
Another Source

If your eye caught it, the focus is on the Rock Ness Concert taking place the weekend of 9/10 June 2007. Is this yet another marketing campaign?

Well if you're a betting man, the odds are pretty good (in favour of William Hill, if you ask me):
In addition to the 1 million pound reward for conclusive proof, they are also offering odds of 250/1 that the museum will agree the existence of the creature sometime this year. The bookmakers are also offering a number of consolation prizes including £1,000 and a free £250 bet for the best photographic evidence real or staged. (I don't know if they're helping by encouraging staged footage?)

I'm not holding my breath though. Nessie is not the type to make a guest appearance for 50,000 snap-happy rockers...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think there is also a $1.25 million reward for proof that the Thylacine is still alive. However, you may have better odds playing the lottery.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They're supplying "instant cameras" and expect high quality photos of Nessie? Unless you're 5ft away from the beast, it'll be hard to get any definitive proof from a disposable camera. Digital cameras are our best bet, but then again they can be easily photoshopped.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
if there was a loch ness monster it would have been found by now asloch ness has been extensively sweeped with radar.

just my humble opinion.

top topics

join