It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light over London, RIGHT NOW!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
No offense taken!

I'm usually pretty good at recognising constellations & planets as my dad was something of an amateur astrologer when I was a child. Still, you're probably right. Maybe a certain light condition amplified the brightness of it and created a much more earthly apparition!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
No offense taken!

I'm usually pretty good at recognising constellations & planets as my dad was something of an amateur astrologer when I was a child.

Then it probably *wasn't* Venus benjj!!

Have another look in the same "area" of sky when you can and if it wasn't Venus, then you certainly saw an "unidentified" object!!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Does Venus flash red/blue?

I remember seeing something that would just sit in the sky and was bigger than stars but flash red/blue and just hang there for hours, I'd notice it while checking out Mars.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think no matter what Benjj you have at least got to see something interesting

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

I remember seeing something that would just sit in the sky and was bigger than stars but flash red/blue and just hang there for hours, I'd notice it while checking out Mars.

Hmmmm .... good point Lysergic. It depends on the elevation of the object in the sky at the time and the atmospheric conditions the light was coming through of course? Perhaps the object was scintillating and showing "false colour" due to refraction through the atmosphere, which *could* give the appearance of the object flashing various colours?

Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i saw one last week, in the east sky of michigan i believe. >_> stayed there all night.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

Originally posted by Lysergic

Hmmmm .... good point Lysergic. It depends on the elevation of the object in the sky at the time and the atmospheric conditions the light was coming through of course? Perhaps the object was scintillating and showing "false colour" due to refraction through the atmosphere, which *could* give the appearance of the object flashing various colours?

Just a thought...

Hell if I know, it was high up in the sky lol well high in the horizon I guess, 75 Degrees?

I was thinking it could be a satelite (sp?) as it was there every nite that I looked. Then one day it just wasnt there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join