It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls Rock

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
well that was weird..the first link was this song,now it's another..they both started playing at once..whatever

lol ok,we have music "editors",or i'm too drunk to tell when i've posted a song...i'll edit this last one to another regina song i guess

[edit on 24-8-2007 by aylyan]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Often overlooked and not given the respect they are due. So lets dedicate a thread to the Women of Rock

Amen Sister!

My favorite Women of Rock:

Lush - Granted, not entirely female, but their vocalists are. The "Spooky" album still ranks among the most hauntingly beautiful albums I've ever heard...

Rasputina - Whoever thought cellos could be so erotic? I really dig Rasputina. Again, not entirely female, but the only two people you ever hear, and the cellos, are all female. They are an acquired taste, but once acquired, very hard to stop listening to. Cabin Fever is one of their better albums.

Ruby Hayes - She's got a voice that takes me back 60 years and makes me think I'm in a nightclub listening to Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald. I love to put Ruby's Blues on, and sit in the parlor sipping a scotch with my eyes closed.

Shonen Knife - I love this band without remorse, and I have no idea why. By all accounts, it shouldn't exist. Their English is terrible, their lyrics are laughable, they don't even really play or sing that well, but anyone who can turn "Daydream Believer" into the cutest claymation anime video I've ever seen has my undying loyalty. This band is definitely greater than the sum of their parts. "Happy Day" is probably my favorite of theirs but I own several.

Cibo Matto - Another great chick band. Their album "Viva!La Woman" was one of the first "just chill out, and relax" type techno albums I'd ever heard. Well...half of it. Half sucked, but the half that didn't was brill.

Freezepop - Technically only one of their three members is female, but Liz Enthusiasm is their female vocalist, and usually the only vocalist in their songs. This band made music FUN for me again. I was able to bob my head along and smile, and just have fun listening to the music without taking it too seriously. "Forever" is a great album, but my favorite song of theirs remains "less talk more rokk", which was from Guitar Hero 2.

I'm sure people have already mentioned the greats, like Cindy Lauper, Heart, Deborah Harry, The Bangels, the Waitresses, etc... I didn't list them because I figured they'd be the obvious choices and wanted to pick some that were great that many may not have heard of before.

[edit on 8/24/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hasnt been posted yet!!

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Spellbound

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Arabian Knights

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
bump time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>