It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uses for Condoms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
During SEAL training they have taught us to waterproof certain equipment items, and of course the condom over the barrel issue as stated earlier on this topic's posts. But basically in example, take a cell phone and squeeze it into a non-lubricated condom, then put another layer of condom as well on top, tie a knot, then apply crazy glue or some extremely strong epoxy on the opening and let it dry until sealed. throw it in the water for as long as you wish, reach the surface and open up the condoms, the equipment is as dry as it was when it entered the condom from the beginning!

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have used a condom as a bobber for fishing. It looked ridiculous but it did what it was suppose to do.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

During SEAL training they have taught us to waterproof certain equipment items, and of course the condom over the barrel issue as stated earlier on this topic's posts. But basically in example, take a cell phone and squeeze it into a non-lubricated condom, then put another layer of condom as well on top, tie a knot, then apply crazy glue or some extremely strong epoxy on the opening and let it dry until sealed. throw it in the water for as long as you wish, reach the surface and open up the condoms, the equipment is as dry as it was when it entered the condom from the beginning!

Thank you for that reply! That is fascinating that this technique is actually used in training. I know for a fact that will stick in my mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Use them to trade for food. In the book, (not the movie) Empire of the Sun, the prisoners would use condoms like they were money. The funny thing though was because they were considered valuable no-one ever used them. Thought I'd share this little gem with you. lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Use them to trade for food. In the book, (not the movie) Empire of the Sun, the prisoners would use condoms like they were money. The funny thing though was because they were considered valuable no-one ever used them. Thought I'd share this little gem with you. lol.
I meant in a survival situation, not in every day life.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Have any of you seen those condom slingshots? Its like a round metal circle with the condom stretched around the outside and held in place. Drop a stone in the middle, pull it back and fire, very accurate and powerful. Like a wrist rocket .. I can't find a link offhand but you get the idea..

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
there is an image on about.com that quite nicely explains how to get a roughly rectangular piece of rubber from a condom
for all of us that have troubles with stereometry

z.about.com...

I guess this might be useful.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wonder if one would work as a solar still? Cut it down the middle and strech over the hole in the ground. Should try that tonight.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
USE IT AS A BODYSUIT FOR A FERRET.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

WTF WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THAT??????!!!!!!! EWWWW WAT A PERVE ;[

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here is a new one,,from the bush of Southern Africa, condoms if you have more than one can be used as fanbelt, plaited and knotted with reef knots to form a tight fanbelt, 4x4 or what ever, plus and another...a sling for catapults...now we are talking survival and last a more macabre aspect...a silent non bruising garotte.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join