It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has tithonia ever been debunked/investigated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If you don't know what it is, this extra long video explains it pretty well...

video.google.com...

I saw this a while ago but haven't seen anything about it on here yet. I could probably just use the search function, but that's an entire page that I'd have to open up.
Anybody?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I'll let you know in a few days when I get more than a few hours off work. Dude, sit through 4 hrs 40 mins and give me your opinion? What part perked your interest? It's a big commitment for a one post thread. Never the less, I'll look at it with you, I hope a few others might.....John, maybe considering he's mentioned in the boobtoob link.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Can you post a link to text instead?

Most people really don't want to sit through hours of video that may have entertained you.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i too cannot indulge in hours of viewing...

with the OP, tell me whether the Tithonia they mean the Mexican Sunflower?
or does this involve 'alien' buildings, structures = Tithonia

if its the latter, then Byrd, here's a link that has Text,
i'm not sure if its the exact content we're directed to in the OP...but,
i think it's in the category or direction the thread starter, alaskan points to (i think)

www.truinsight.com...

thanks,

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

if its the latter, then Byrd, here's a link that has Text,
i'm not sure if its the exact content we're directed to in the OP...but,
i think it's in the category or direction the thread starter, alaskan points to (i think)

www.truinsight.com...

Yeah, that's the tithonia I'm talking about. I watched the youtube video a while ago, but the resolution was all choppy, and I've always just wondered if it was all actual satelite images, or if it had been proven a hoax or not.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The closest one could come to 'debunking' these pictures are in claiming that NASA is trying to mess with us by secretly drawing these things into the original images. Other than will probably have to accept that someone or something has in the distant past spent time mining or living on Mars. I say distant because all the images we have of civilization evidence tends to include large scale destruction; the type of war or planetary catastrophy we might have very well noticed in recent times.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

'Tithonia' is certainly one of the better spots to study but there are very many more and it gets ever harder to deny as they are forced to admit that Mars was very Earth like in the past.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Stellar, I agree that mars was probably once very like earth. Is it possible that a stop in the rotation of Mars's core may have led to catastrophe? The magnetic field would have dramatically lowered, "lava tubes" may have cooled and contracted, causing the sinkholes NASA is photograping, impacts and seawater running into active lava tubes, turning a lot of ocean water into steam to be bled off into space over thousands of years. (for the bible nuts maybe we passed through a band of steam from a boiloff that condensed and fell as rain for 40 days or whatever...). Whatever the hell happened to mars we need to know before it happens to us.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Ok dude, few days off work, will watch shortly. Better reso would be better. Anyway........I said I would so here goes.

Weird sci-fi music........ bad start.
Showing quotes for ages with sci-fi music bad ....erm....start.
LONG snippets of sci-fi from the sixties and sventies ...erm...bad start?
20 mins in, I think I see where were goin.....
Lotsa "Look at this movie, it shows a space station, now we have a space station, therefor we have a city on the MOON and a giant "LASER". (sticks little finger into edge of mouth. 1 million dollars.....Mwohahahahaha (baH Nah! Bah nah Mah NAH BAH NAH!)!"
30 mins in, maybe some proof soon?

Dude, the waiting around for something to be said turns me right off.
Ithought the ring of fire was aroun Vanuatu, Fiji, Japan, Hawaii, Tonga, Samoa down through New Zealand. You know, where the eruptians are.

No sources quoted, hmmm.

Bang. Found it. 35:45 God, God God. Shazamm! (Points at roof) I'm out. HOAX.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

[edit on 12-6-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Point out what you found interesting. I dozed off. It's too sort of crystal skull pyramidy music. I can't stand it...... Anyone would think you've never been to the moon.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
Stellar, I agree that mars was probably once very like earth. Is it possible that a stop in the rotation of Mars's core may have led to catastrophe?

I think Tom Van Flanderns theories on solar evolution and exploding planets will point you in the right direction.

* Mars is much less massive than any planet not itself suspected of being a former moon
* Orbit of Mars is more elliptical than for any larger-mass planet
* Spin is slower than larger planets, except where a massive moon has intervened
* Large offset of center of figure from center of mass
* Shape not in equilibrium with spin
* Southern hemisphere is saturated with craters, the northern has sparse cratering
* The “crustal dichotomy” boundary is nearly a great circle
* North hemisphere has a smooth, 1-km-thick crust; south crust is over 20-km thick
* Crustal thickness in south decreases gradually toward hemisphere edges
* Lobate scarps occur near hemisphere divide, compressed perpendicular to boundary
* Huge volcanoes arose where uplift pressure from mass redistribution is maximal
* A sudden geographic pole shift of order 90° occurred
* Much of the original atmosphere has been lost
* A sudden, massive flood with no obvious source occurred
* Xe129, a fission product of massive explosions, has an excess abundance on Mars

The above summarizes evidence that Mars was not an original planet, but rather a moon of a now-exploded planet occupying that approximate orbit. Many of these points are the expected consequences of having a massive planet blow up nearby, thereby blasting the facing hemisphere and leaving the shielded hemisphere relatively unscathed. Especially significant in this regard is the fact that half of Mars is saturated with craters, and half is only sparsely cratered. Moreover, the crustal thickness has apparently been augmented over one hemisphere by up to 20 km or so, gradually tapering off near the hemisphere boundaries. This “crustal dichotomy” is also readily seen in Martian elevation maps, such as in Figure 7.

www.metaresearch.org...

So we have a good deal of information that points to Mars as a former large moon with possible active plate tectonics.

Explosive eruptions about 350 million years ago created depressions on the flanks of the volcano Hecates Tholus, according to a study led by Ernst Hauber of the German Aerospace Center. And just five million years ago, glacial deposits formed inside these depressions, the scientist concludes.

The finding adds to a December study showing five volcanoes on Mars had been active as recently as two million years ago.
"Mars is very dynamic," according to Head. "We see that the climate change and geological forces that drive evolution on Earth are happening there."

Glaciers appear to have moved from the Martian poles to the tropics between 350,000 years ago and 4 million years ago.
"This glaciation may be a response to recent changes in the incidence of sunlight induced by variations in obliquity of the planet’s spin axis," said Victor Baker who was not involved in the research.

www.space.com...

I have a number of similar articles that points to a mars that is as tectonically alive as it is biologically so

The magnetic field would have dramatically lowered, "lava tubes" may have cooled and contracted, causing the sinkholes NASA is photograping, impacts and seawater running into active lava tubes, turning a lot of ocean water into steam to be bled off into space over thousands of years. (for the bible nuts maybe we passed through a band of steam from a boiloff that condensed and fell as rain for 40 days or whatever...). Whatever the hell happened to mars we need to know before it happens to us.

Well if Van Flanderns theories turns out to be as accurate as i think whatever is on Earth might not just be changed but entirely destroyed...

Stellar

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Tithonia is the first time in recorded history that we have absolute proof of ENGINEERING !

From Source

Hmm. I have my doubts.

Where oh where is the "absolute proof" ?

Anyway,
Lex

top topics

join