It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anybody tell what my dream means?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I had a weird dream lately.

The dream was about my Granduncle, he a fighter pilot during WWII, he sacrificed himself and saved his men in a dogfight, staling for time to let his men escape. He was shut down and killed. A monument was made in his name, somewhere in Europe. In the dream I was doing some research about the maps of WWII and and an elderly couple came to me about the research I was doing. The message that I got was that the man is my Granduncle and he has survived by jumping out of the plane before it exploded and he swam to shore. He lived under a different name.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dascorp
I had a weird dream lately.

The dream was about my Granduncle, he a fighter pilot during WWII, he sacrificed himself and saved his men in a dogfight, staling for time to let his men escape. He was shut down and killed. A monument was made in his name, somewhere in Europe. In the dream I was doing some research about the maps of WWII and and an elderly couple came to me about the research I was doing. The message that I got was that the man is my Granduncle and he has survived by jumping out of the plane before it exploded and he swam to shore. He lived under a different name.

Its sounds like you are very proud of him and you should be...This dream could mean a number of things.

First thing off the top of my head is that a part of him lives on inside of you, depending on your beliefs your grand uncle could have been reborn as you "lives under a different name" that would be your name. Some believe that families re-birth into each other.
That of course only applies if you were not born yet which I'm sure you probably were not.

Another thing is a part of you probably really wishes to know more about him; wishing he lived to tell his tale. A message in this dream might be saying continue to pass his story of heroism on because that is what keeps him alive.

Also, this dream tells of the perfect happy ending, the one most people wish for in a movie. Your grand uncle saves his men as he fights for his country and you learn later he escapes death to live on. This is something that could be reflecting on your personal life. In waking life we all wish there is always a happy ending, but in reality there isn't always one. Maybe you yearn for that like we all do and it is expressing itself through your dream. Possibly recently you might have failed at something, went through a hardship, or something didn't go the way you had wished and in your dream in your mind allowed you feel that so you can get over whatever was bothering you and move on to the new day. Dreams can act like a garbage disposal....They dispose of all the crap you deal with on a daily basis; most of the time only the unconscious mind understands what it is and programs the conscious mind to wake up refreshed and over it.

Hope something in my message helps you out.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
thank you Tetraspace your message did help me

join