It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Breathable Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In short, no, it would'nt

A nuclear device creates a temporary electromagnetic burst as part of its explosion.

A planetary magnetosphere requires a massive constant source.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick reply! I figured I would post the question about using a nuclear device for the creation of a magnetosphere around a planet. It was an idea I first thought of when I first read about Op. Argus.

I figuered I'd post it here to get some thoughts on it. I forgot that the pulse duration of the EMP is very short, yet fairly strong.

It may have not been a good idea, but at least it doesn't hurt to ask!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
This Bill Cooper

Yeah, ok.

Enjoy the fictional read.

Lex

Why is it a "fictional read"? What makes you so sure? Or does the thought of leaving your security blanket of "knowing it all" scare you?

For a thread full of people that have never been to Mars or any other planet, there sure are a lot of experts here. They give definite "yes" and "no" answers like they have firsthand information.

Riddle me this: if Mars has such a thin atmosphere, 100 to 150 times thinner than Earth, how does it summon the wind strength to cause twisters and tornados known as dust devils? How does it summon winds strong enough to coat the planet in dust storms for weeks at a time?

And how does Mars have enough air pressure to form hurricanes?

Ignorance is bliss I guess. Some people rather continue living a lie than even inviting the possibility they've been brainwashed. Remember, no one has EVER been brainwashed in their own mind

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join