It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if things change tomorrow?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Say you just woke up and your phone is ringing and its someone to tell you they just heard on tv that everyone should stay put. Something has happened and we are all to stay put.

Some emergency has allowed our president to follow through with his Dictatorship (for lack of a truer word). What would you do??

What if you couldnt leave your home?

I think about this possibility much more now than i used to. What if it happens the day you have no food in the house?
What if you're out of medicines you have to take?
What if the phones dont work?
What if the TV is taken over by the government?
What if you cant get to your loved ones?

Is this possible?

I hate to post such doom and gloom but its all a possibility. What if those out of the house cant get back home?
What do you do?

Does anyone see this happening?!

I'm not crazy, i just want to be prepared.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Could happen. I suggest that you spend the rest of this evening looking through some of the survival threads here at ATS.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What if today was the last ordinary day?

You may enjoy "Jericho," a television serial drama that aired on CBS.

Just watch the pilot - you and others may like it.

The pilot, and the rest of season one can be seen here for free:

www.cbs.com...

[A side note:]
If you think that it is a thought provoking interesting series, please help save jericho from cancellation. CBS is threatening to cancel jericho and replace it with another mind numbing reality show.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
you are not crazy, it is not crazy to be prepared, even though survialists are attached to society thinking they are crazy. I tell you one thing, I am ready for a stint at home, if that happened i would be ok. If I for what ever reason couldnt get to my child to bring her home, I dont give a sh!t about what the government says. I would be going wherever she was to get her, and if anyone got in my way, I would do whatever I had to do to get to my child. Man thinking about someone telling me what to do, where to go, just frigging fires me up.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I remember when Martial Law had been declared in one of the countries. The government had all the list of political oppositions and would-be dissidents and most of them were locked up. All airports had all been suspended. Presidential Decrees had been written and implemented on daily basis. Total control of media and other establishments/institutions were executed. More sudden and unexplained deaths of national figures and in academia were kept hidden. Prior to that, disorder and chaos were perpetrated by the government to justify the declaration.
Therefore, no matter how much compassionate some military members to the civilians, they will obey the government even to the extent of its unconstitutionality. Remember, leaders can modify and overrule the laws. All the representatives we elected are also afraid with their lives, therefore, they have to follow. And if Martial Law has been declared they will lose their power. All our rights are suspended by the dictator as long he wants to and only his favored relatives, friends and cronies are the only one enjoying the 'Martial-Law vacation' not to mention acquiring companies behind the scenes regarded or labeled as 'questionable' .

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
how do you propose that it would be enforced that nobody could leave their home? who the hell is going to monitor every home in every city in every state in the US? And the rest of the world?

Jericho was cancelled so enjoy it while you can.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Crakeur,

An all day kerfew (sp)????? It can be done. I suppose i should know how to type kerfew huh, before i talk about it.

It scares me to death to think something may happen and i'll be separated from my whole family.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
They say tommorow never comes, but in this case it will. Death and destruction and horrendous negativity is the norm now. Wait till the bombs start flying, and death is brought to your doorsteps.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempeAn all day kerfew (sp)????? It can be done.

there are how many cities and towns in the US? how many people in these cities and towns?

how many men do we have in the military?

I'd say we don't have enough to enforce 24 hour curfews in 5 major cities at once.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by radardog
What if today was the last ordinary day?

You may enjoy "Jericho," a television serial drama that aired on CBS.

Just watch the pilot - you and others may like it.

The pilot, and the rest of season one can be seen here for free:

www.cbs.com...

[A side note:]
If you think that it is a thought provoking interesting series, please help save jericho from cancellation. CBS is threatening to cancel jericho and replace it with another mind numbing reality show.

I watched the 1st episode yesterday about 16 hours ago. I just now finished watching the season finale (hope it wasnt the last ever). This show was amazing. I loved every minute of it.

Now if you'l excuse me, i gotta go get some food and some sleep

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, considering I actually live in a country far away from the US, I would most likely heat up some pop-corn, open a cold one and enjoy the show.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well where I live I would only be unable to leave my home if I am dead or wounded. None the less, break out the ammo, lock and load! Get onto the internet, pray it still works, get in contact with others and find out WTH is going on and take action on it.
Now if I am low on food supplies, then there is no choice: you have to leave the home or starve to death. Once again there is no such thing as being unable to leave your home unless your already dead or wounded. Even then, if I am wounded and able to move, I will still try and get out.

Now for the other things mentioned, I keep a private stash of emergency food, I always have at least 4 cups of water... Pathetic but hey... I have no loved ones in the traditional form, but if I could not reach my only other family member they would already know what is going on and be doing the same: heading for cover. So no biggie for me.

The kicker is I hardly ever use the phone but have one, and if the government took over the TV I promise you I will only watch it long enough to get a grasp of what is "going on" and then I will be moving out. That is reality.

You can never cage me in my home unless you tie me down and shoot me in the head. I am one stubborn and bullheaded SOB when I set my mind on something.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
You can never cage me in my home unless you tie me down and shoot me in the head. I am one stubborn and bullheaded SOB when I set my mind on something.

while you were typing that, they boarded up all possible entry points..... nope, that was sealed up too.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That was a childish responce to say the least.

It is like a child, you show a loophole, use it, they then try and close it up quickly after it is too late with nonsense.
Edit: added above ^

[edit on 6-6-2007 by Vekar]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

That was a childish responce to say the least.

when you're stocking the house up for the inevitable end of times, I'd hit aisle 6 and grab a few boxes of humor to go with the ammo, the ready to eats and the batteries.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Still a childish responce, and for your information I do not like humor when talking about things such as this. I am dead serious when I talk politics and survival.

I know your responce already so no need to tell me the obviouse answer of: "Oh good for you, lighten up a little" or whatever you might be thinking along those lines. If you happen to think along the lines of: "Your a hard arse" then yes you are correct. Yet you aint seen nothin yet.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If you happen to think along the lines of: "Your a hard arse" then yes you are correct.

partially correct.

anyway, I'll let you get back to your fears of a world where the entire population can be shut in. I will live in the comfort that the rest of us will not stock up and wait for that day but, rather, be proactive and do things to ensure it never happens.

peace.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would sit back, relax and play video games. I could use the time off.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Is this possible?

It's actually more probable, then possible. It will happen. It's just a matter of when will it happen. All of your "doom and gloom" possibilities have already been covered, and you'd be surprised (well, maybe not
) at who made these things "possible". You can view the majority of these "possibilities" being covered right here: Executive Orders

President Bush has every possibility covered that you have brought forth in your ideas, dgtempe... and I point the finger to him, because the E.O.'s are just as binding as a signed law from Congress... without going through the Constitutional process of including Congress.

As far as being able to put a nation wide curfew on it's people.... not a snowball's chance in hell. Over time, I'm certain a few major cities could and would be taken, but there's no feasible way to cover every square inch of this nation with the military force that we currently have.

With that being said, it would be a good time to start considering the fact that your neighbor could very well be the first one to rat you out as part of the resistance. It is going to be a very bad time when this begins to unfold.

Info

[edit on 6/7/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You are prolly on more of a right mindset then 95% of the world lol.

I just know that once US forces are spread to a certain thinness. I bet other "Kept in checked countries" will start their normal intentions examples, NK heads to SK, and CHina to taiwan, Russia to the Missle defense sites they suggested lol

It certainly is a scary world when more and more people start to worry about there everyday well being, that speaks volumes and is prolly half the reason more and more survival sites an such are sproutin up everywhere.

Tell you what, you tell 6 billion americans to stay inside and the South will rise again lol ( not that im a rebel ) just a believer in choas loves chainreactions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join