It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amended Immigration Bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It now appears that the Immigration bill is dead for the remainder of Mr. Bush's term. His last best chance to generate a legacy is gone, and so are his chances of re-taking the legislative high ground. There can be no doubt that he is a lame duck. Quack-quack.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Justin,
well it really seems like you wanted the immigration bill to pass.
Bush may not have a legacy from the immigration issue but he does have a legacy based on all of the events that have happened.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I, personally, was not 'for' this bill. it lacked enforcement incentives like so many other pieces of recent Federal legislation. I'm with a lot of peole around here who say that if we actually bothered to enforce the laws that had on the books, we'd be in a better position than we are today.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think the most important thing is to completely shut down the borders and station armed troops along the entire length. To try and pull off immigration reform until the border is 100 percent solid is a farce.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think that if the proposed law had emphasized enforcement of existing law as well as active border patrols, they might have gotten the "path to citizenship" they wanted. Trouble is, the elites in Washington don't see this problem like most Americans do.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Justin,
Well I got to agree with you on that one. I also think that all the elitist wanted was a path for the citizenship. I think the bill will surface again just not in this administration.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This will be my last post for this thread. As we in the U.S. celebrate our Independence Day, I hope that we will take up this immigration matter again some time soon. Country of origin is no excuse. Illegal is illegal. Our politicians have forgotten that, so I'm hoping that the rest of us will remember.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join