It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Do You Trust The Police?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And the cops in my current neighborhood seem to mind their business, so I'm not going to get into theirs.

Well that is contrary to what you have been telling us all a long isn't it? You stated ALL cops were bad, yet you now openly admit some of them are not. Why the sudden change? Did you come to your senses and decide to tell the truth?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
RedGolem, thanks for the advice.

I'm so frustrated with it. Thought about selling the house. Yesterday a neighbor (from another street where I used to live 96-2000) dropped by to tell me their selling their (appx 230,000) home cause of the drug problems their having there.

Shoot, the whole thing an more on related matters really got me down. Well, a bit down.

Dallas

EDIT: Sorry People if I got a wee-bit personal an maybe a wee-bit off the subject matter

[edit on 27-6-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Dallas,
Your talking about the drug problem and the cops who are either turning a blind eye or being paid off. I don't think that's off topic. Sorry to hear about the 230,000 foot house that is being sold because of the same reason, although be it I will stand by what I said last post. Got to tell the right people or do something to make a change. I am frustrated in my neighborhood also although not entirely with the police.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Funny, I just rec'd an email from the Superintendent. I replied of course right away.
Thanks for the thought and advice, it's very much appreciated. I'm a bit blown away having just heard (email) from this Man. He's actually nice this time.

Dallas

EDIT: terrible grammar and last sentence addition

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Funny, I just rec'd an email from the Superintendent. I replied of course right away.
Thanks for the thought and advice, it's very much appreciated. I'm a bit blown away having just heard (email) from this Man. He's actually nice this time.

Dallas

EDIT: terrible grammar and last sentence addition

Hang in man, take your time, respond to the guy and follow thru....Thinking carefully before hitting the reply button is most important here...

Your main objective should be to keep this line of communication with this high ranking person open as best you can as long as you can

Would love to hear how you get on

All the best and peace

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i'll make it short and say i don't trust them.
i know they are not all bad/corrupt/power hungry but i think more of that type than the honest type.

i don't take it to the extent of i wouldn't alert them to a serial killer but do not talk to the cops. nothing to say to them and i don't want t hear anything they have to say.
don't know how else to put it. i think the majority of them are on a trip of some sort or another and like my favorite movie talks about, some of them want to actually be cops(you know. protect and serve...the whole deal) and some want to 'appear' to be cops(you know, they get a shield, a gun and baton, a little power and thats what it is about for them).
i'd rather have nothing to do with any of them

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Dallas,
Its great that you got an email back from him. I agree with what the other post said, which is to keep the communication going if you can.
I went to city hall to bring attention to a problem one time. The city manager was available and I managed to talk to him for a few min. After explaining things to him for a few min he called the chief of police and sent me straight down to talk with him. Boy was I SUPRISED. I talked with the police chief for a while. He seemed to be a decent man, was kind and talked to me for a while. So the point is sometimes when you voice your concerns sometimes things might happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Do I trust the police...

Tough question really...I've had bad experiances with the police, or one in particular anyway. After all was said and done, the clown was fired. Has that colored my view of the police? Somewhat. When I'm walking down the street and a cruiser goes by, and the officer is giving me the hairy eyeball, I have flash backs to the asshole that gave me such a hard time for a couple of months, but then the brain kicks in, and I realize that Mr. Policeman is just doing his/her job.

Trust though? I suppose as much as I trust anyone I don't know. Which is to say, not a whole lot. Not because of what they are, but because I quite frankly don't know them. That's why I've always advocated community policing, that way a police officer becomes a known commodity. Instead of being "the man", he's George. On the flipside, we become instead of that strange looking white guy, it becomes "Oh that's just Seagull, he's harmless...". Everyone knows him, and he knows everyone, and lo and behold, trust...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Well that is contrary to what you have been telling us all a long isn't it? You stated ALL cops were bad, yet you now openly admit some of them are not. Why the sudden change? Did you come to your senses and decide to tell the truth?

Hahaha.....

Shots, you tend to completely misunderstand and misconstrue statements I make. Please find where I said "all cops are bad". I admit I said that I don't trust the police, and that as a rule I'm cautious of their intentions, actions and presence, but I have never said that all cops are bad.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hey you guys -- thanks alot. I had no idea when I wrote -- what I wrote I'd receive such great advice and support.
This is what ATS is all about and I really want you'll to know I just think this is great. Sure some of us will be arguing on other threads here, but gosh, we're also a caring group too.

RSF

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My girlfriend used to babysit for the chief of police for my city. He was a nice guy, and pretty funny too. However, he's not the one you need to look out for. The one you need to look out for is the one who likes to exert power over anyone unfortunate enough to land in his cross hairs, whether it's by crossing against the light, or smoking in a non smoking area.

www.abovetopsecret.com... Here's one example

and another

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Found this in the news I wad reading, a classic

Link

"Saying "This is America, not Afghanistan", a US judge found a man not guilty of disorderly conduct for refusing to obey a police officer's request to stop singing in a public park...."

Apparently the police officer told the defendant he was the law...Some things never cease to amaze

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Reliance
that is a pretty good one.
Thanks for posting it.
Guess its a good thing I don't sing in public parks.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hmm, I just saw this thread and felt I had to comment also.

The police in my town are absolutely useless (Oak Ridge, Tennessee). I live on a fairly quiet street and have small children. Unfortuneately, this old lady a couple of doors down permits her slacker grandson to sell and use hard drugs out of her house. I have stood on my front porch and observed drug deals in the street on many occaisions. However, all attempts to get the cops to put a stop to it have been useless. Personally, I don't care what people do in their homes, but when it's out on the street in broad daylight, I don't want my kids being exposed! Also, the kind of people that are driving up and down my street speed and don't look out for kids...not to mention the potential for thefts.

Since the cops refuse to investigate this jackhole, does anyone have any ideas about what I personally could do to drive him out of the area? Legal ideas, that is...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The day I distrust the police is the day when they gave me a citation for speeding.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
From another thread, but I thought it would be appropriate here.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A 70-year-old US woman has been left bruised and bloody after an unexpected clash with police who came to caution her for not watering her lawn.

Trouble flared when Utah pensioner Betty Perry, 70, refused to give her name after being upbraided because her garden breached local regulations.

She says the officer hit her with handcuffs, cutting her nose, although police insist she slipped and fell.

This is why I hold off trust.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join