It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Do You Trust The Police?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

the police contacted me after the statute of limitations had run out. they wanted to give me back the cash they had also confiscated. my grandfather in law is an ex police officer and told me this practice was common, and to under no circumstances accept the money.

Prophet,
Thanks for sharing this with us. That is a practice I had not heard of. Could you tell us what it means and what would have happened if you had taken back the money?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No, I do not trust the Police.

I have my reasons for this mistrust.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Rose,
Read the messages above yours. A lot of people don't trust them either. From what I have read so far it seems to be for pretty good reasons. I would like to think some people could share some ways they fixed the situation also.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.abovepolitics.com...]

There is the link you need to realize shadow is lying through his teeth, first he is BLACKWATER, now he is a cop. ALL IN THE SAME MONTH! Yeah right. Anyway, you can read over all the fights in the topic about him getting hostile with others about "his experiances" which are now totaly null and void.

I do not know many that DO like police, actually let me rephrase: I have never met anyone who liked the police, everyone I have ever met said the police are crooked and corrupt.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Vekar I can tell your IQ is that of about a stop sign, and thats kinda being mean to stop signs everywhere.

Did your very bright GENIUS mind ever take the time to ask DATES OF EMPLOYMENT?????? Wait let me see, serving in the military from 1995 to 2001, then working for a police department in 2001 to 2003, then leaving to join B-USA from 2003 to 2004, and now working full time for my new police dept since 2004 when i finished B-USA, would be impossible I guess in the mind of a complete F****** idiot! I posted all of that info on different threads in the same month...not worked it, good lord man...has common sence seriously been drained from most people in this country?

You are the PRIME EXAMPLE of YOU CAN'T cure stupid!

Oh and Vekar, how is it I talk? To hard for you to read and understand someone with FAR more world experiance, a college education, and common sense than you?

[edit on 23/6/07 by shadow_soldier1975]

[edit on 23/6/07 by shadow_soldier1975]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't trust the police at all. In fact I detest them

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How much I trust the police?

No at all . . . unless I know the police officers very well as friends, living in a small community my husband and I have befriend or known few police officers including one neighbor.

But at the same time the police department in my county and the next are ridden with very corrupted members and too often news comes out of the corruption they are involved.

Soldier, so you are a military member turn police and now blackwater.

I see that you have been very busy.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
my wifes grandfather told me that taking the money was like a 'test' to see if i could be bought/manipulated. he said once i did that i would be 'in their pocket forever'

i straitened up, went to college and had a decent job for about 5 years. i lost that job in march of '05. his advice came to me when i was flat broke and so you can infer the tone of the conversation. if you are an ex cop that quit because of corruption and you tell your grandson in law not to take $600 that your grandaughters family desperately needs, i'm pretty sure you mean it.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Funny how mods get mad at me for speaking my mind but allow you (soldier) to get away with such blatant outright hate, lack of civility, lack of curtousy, and the list goes on. So sad. You act like a two year old, thankfully you are a drone for the government not on our side, or else I would know I am on the wrong side, which thankfully I am not. Also, you talk about how you wanted the money, then you become a police officer, major pay cut. From BW you would be able to retire by now, so once again, and marg pointed out how insane it sounded. Jumping around like that. Feh, your a child in an adult body, learn to speak civily or not at all, we are not barbarians now are we? Or has that been lost on the modern groups. Anyway, when you learn to speak like an adult, I will talk to you, thank you for confirming ALL of my statements in one short rant.

How many people here actually trust police? That is a question that should be asked, just how many trust them, or how many do we know that we trust?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Funny how mods get mad at me for speaking my mind but allow you (soldier) to get away with such blatant outright hate, lack of civility, lack of curtousy, and the list goes on. So sad. You act like a two year old, thankfully you are a drone for the government not on our side, or else I would know I am on the wrong side, which thankfully I am not. Also, you talk about how you wanted the money, then you become a police officer, major pay cut. From BW you would be able to retire by now, so once again, and marg pointed out how insane it sounded. Jumping around like that. Feh, your a child in an adult body, learn to speak civily or not at all, we are not barbarians now are we? Or has that been lost on the modern groups. Anyway, when you learn to speak like an adult, I will talk to you, thank you for confirming ALL of my statements in one short rant.

How many people here actually trust police? That is a question that should be asked, just how many trust them, or how many do we know that we trust?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Marge your as bright as the last guy I see.....I think I explained myself quite clear....and if your not smart enough to figure that out god help ya....thats why in america its up to a VERY few to take care of the rest of u...because people like you two prove you need assistance..

US population just over 300 million but only just over 2 million servicemen and women

US population again just over 300 million with only approximatly 800,000 police/sheriffs

US population one last time is over 300 million and there are only about 600 Blackwater employees with combat jobs...

what does that tell ya....the majority can bitch, piss, and moan about anything they want but until you shut it and step up to do something about it, those of us who do it for you really don't want to hear it!

and yes I have been busy...to bad you obviously can't keep up

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Vekar you were the one to jump out and spew accusations you can't back up..and act like a complete moron. Then when someone whos more of a man then you stands up and won't take your crap you yell for a moderator....its a forum and you cant even handle it here...imagine you in the real world...you must contribute to your freedom and the rights you abuse daily in such a profound way! The fact that your upset about me speaking my mind and relating it to being a child proves you only consider it adult conversation if your not contested and made a fool of because you weren't smart enough to do your homework and use your head!

And as for the pay cut and moving around...sorry you guys are stuck in a dead end boring job. And if you had a clue what it was like being a soldier or a private contractor you would know its not worth staying in any longer that you have too. I earned my money, have no bills, and now have a great job....don't be jealous and try to degrade what I did to sit easy just because you didn't

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
back to the OP! Law Enforcement isn't perfect, and I will not deny there are some corrupt and dirty officers. but bottom line is this....tell all cops to take this upcoming week off work and NOONE gets a responce from police for anything...I'm pretty sure...the majority would want us back REAL quick

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Personal attacks need to stop NOW!

Please stay on topic and discuss ISSUES.

Do not make insulting remarks to or about other posters. That's a violation of our policies and we WILL toss people off the board for violating them.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think that the police departments can not get thin out their police officers or tell wish ones will turn corrupted.

Right now the pay for police officers (at least in my neck of the woods) is not very good starting 8.00 dollars. Even my son that works in retail and is only 20 makes more than a police officer starting in our county.

So I can imagine how many will fall for dishonest agendas if money is part of it.

BTW shadow_soldier1975 You are very hostile and your post just prove the point Veckar is trying to make.

Pity.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
I don't trust the police at all. In fact I detest them

Goldragnet,
It is pretty clear here that a lot of people have reason not to trust the police. I do however think detest them is carrying things a bit far, unless you know of an entire group that deserves to be detested.
I think I said in one of the first messages, I may not trust the police, but depending on the circumstance, you got to and hope that they will be professionals.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
my wifes grandfather told me that taking the money was like a 'test' to see if i could be bought/manipulated. he said once i did that i would be 'in their pocket forever'

Prophet,
ok so it was to see if you could be bought and or manipulated. The way I see it to be bought and used to the benefit of the corrupt police, you must be in a position to know something or do something, is that correct?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Mod edit by The Vagabond: (Inappropriate comments removed. Take your own advice and walk away without trying to snake the last word Mr. "better man".) end mod edit.

Folks if you want another example of horribly crooked cops just look at what was going on during the MLK marches and protests. I lived in a state (Ohio) and the county sheriff turned out to be the head of the KKK for that region. Needless to say there was only 1 black family living ANYWHERE near that county, and they were only permitted to live near the sewage treatment plant.

I lived in the south pacific and the cops would NEVER take in their own family members not even for murder or attempted murder as was the case with one man I knew. He was almost murdered and everyone KNEW it was two guys from one family which was cop related. The cops never even investigated it.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There will be no further criticism of the enforcement of T&C in public threads.

If anyone sees a need for a staff action to be reviewed or explained, they are to handle it via the complaint feature or U2U. That is productive and serves the interests of the board.

Making a scene in a public thread is not productive and does not serve the interests of the board: it merely invites drama.

Any further sniping and trying to slip in one last blow will get also result in consequences.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The majority of police I've encountered (in America) have been heavy-handed, officious, rude, condescending, and all the rest. On the other hand, I've had nothing but good experiences with Canadian cops (doesn't mean they're all saints, obviously). Power does funny things to people, not to mention the effect of seeing nothing but the worst elements of society day in, day out.

I feel like I've said this before, but certain vocations draw certain personalities. For the same reason you often find child molesters working in daycares, schools and whatnot, you often find bullies and various breeds of bastards working in law enforcement. You mean to tell me I get to lord over people, carry a gun, and bark orders at everyone...

You can see how that line of work would appeal to some really scummy people.

That said, I've known several wonderful human beings who wore the uniform. Who the Hell am I to judge them by the actions of their peers?

It all depends on the individual. As with race, profession is no indicator of personality and individual merit. In my experience, prison guards and cops can really show off the ugly side of humanity, but I would hate to misjudge even one individual on that account.

I had a friend, ages ago, whose mother was a guard at a women's correctional facility. She was a lovely woman, kind and helpful, and it would have been tremendously unfair to judge her by her vocation alone (she needed work and the prison was hiring). Another of my friends was undercover vice in Manhattan, working to prevent underage liquor sales - and he was a genuinely nice guy with a very professional demeanor (especially for a 19-year old). He resisted temptation countless times, and never once (to my knowledge) used his power improperly. If I judged all cops/guards without taking the time to get to know them, I would have shut these people out of my life, and for what?

I really believe that it's in our best interest to take individuals as just that, and not lump them in with every other schlub who shares their hair color or skin pigment or uniform.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join