It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Do You Trust The Police?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How much do i trust police ? hmmmm about the same as a hungry shark and and my arm hanging in its mouth.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I trust law enforcement, but I don't trust the people, who practise law enforcement.

The few, that are honest, I do trust... those who take their job seriously. The many who becomes a police officer, (sometimes) enforces "their" law, for their own amusement. Those who are corrupt, are usually the ones who hates their job, and either complaining about being low-paid... or takes his excuse of "people don't appreciate the dangerous work I'm doing" really seriously and becomes corrupt. Or he sees an opportunity to increase his salary (through corrupt actions). Etc.
But (to me) the real problem is influence... Lets say you have a friend, who is a police officer, and you 2 are real good friends. And someone else did *insert your excuse here* to you and you want "payback". One phone call later (and a few beers at the nearest bar) and the guy/gal is in the jail for *whatever your friend feels like charging the person*... Or you land in mess like Dock6 posted, where the police has an influence on you...

Life is like a pack of smokes... and you're the lucky one, being smoked.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I trust law enforcement, but I don't trust the people, who practise law enforcement.

The few, that are honest, I do trust... those who take their job seriously. The many who becomes a police officer, (sometimes) enforces "their" law, for their own amusement. Those who are corrupt, are usually the ones who hates their job, and either complaining about being low-paid... or takes his excuse of "people don't appreciate the dangerous work I'm doing" really seriously and becomes corrupt. Or he sees an opportunity to increase his salary (through corrupt actions). Etc.
But (to me) the real problem is influence... Lets say you have a friend, who is a police officer, and you 2 are real good friends. And someone else did *insert your excuse here* to you and you want "payback". One phone call later (and a few beers at the nearest bar) and the guy/gal is in the jail for *whatever your friend feels like charging the person*... Or you land in mess like Dock6 posted, where the police has an influence over you...

Life is like a pack of smokes... and you're the lucky one, being smoked.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I haven't been around police (or any law enforcement really) long enough to have a complete opinion of them.

But, from what I've read and the way society is becoming, I don't doubt the possibility of a corrupt police force/officer.

I guess it's just a matter of being caught in the midst of a situation that will either prove or disprove my trust.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
(cont.)

While I worked for the couple, I had twice discovered the husband in the process of trying to hang himself from a beam in the garage. On one occasion, his young children interrupted him.

Dock,
Thanks for taking the time to write an event that has so much information in it. I gave your post the highest star rating.
That is so much information there that you could write a book about it, or have it made into a movie. If anything ever happens with that please do let us all know.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
NWA said it all...F*&% Tha Police...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The police are nothing but born-too-late hitler youth wannabe's. They become police officers so that they can bully around ordinary folk with impunity.

Worse still is the legal profession. We have lawyers who will manipulate courts to achieve not guilty verdicts on behalf of people who they know are guilty. Ask yourself the question - what money does a crim in prison generate for the legal profession? Answer - none. To maintain its stable of luxury cars, condo's, off-shore cruisers, share portfolios and house-servants, the legal profession needs felons on the street re-offending.
In my opinion, any lawyer who pleads a client not guilty when he knows that the client is guilty should be convicted of being an accessory after the fact and of perverting the course of justice.
Have you noticed that any interview involving the prosecution has to be recorded by audio or video whereas the interviews with the defense are protected by lawyer-client confidentiality? I wonder whose idea that was - certainly not the victims of crime. Surely, in the interests of truth, justice and fair play for all, all interviews should be available to the court! We need to make a level playing field.

Satan and St. Peter were arguing over who should repair the fence between Heaven and hell. Finaly, exasperated, St. Peter said, "I'll just have to sue you". To which the devil replied, "And just where are you going to get a lawyer?"

Worse again is the emerging public attitude to criminals. Instead of shunning a criminal, many people stand near them, open-mouthed in adoration, quizzing them on their offence and criminal experience to satisfy their own perverted anti-social urges. It is becoming socially acceptable, even advantageous, to be a criminal. Sick, sad world!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hippichick
I do rather agree with you about the legal system. It seems all to often criminals do get away with crimes. I hope no one wants that. But as to people standing by the criminal because of it being a sick society. The topic of this thread is partly about a man being sent to jail for a crime he did not commit. So should I come across criminals in my path, I will not automatically think they are guilty of the crime unless I have a reason to think so.
You might also want to go back and read the post from Docks I think it was.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I do not trust the police in any way, shape or form. If I have to deal with them, I use extreme caution and say nothing at all except for identifying myself. Cops will falsely arrest and charge for little or no reason, and will lie without conscience.

A former police chief of a large western city (USA) stated recently that he was sure that 99% of all cops lie on the stand to make cases stick; it is routine and taught in cop school. Also, cops think that they are entitled to be treated with ' respect '; meaning they want us to kiss their asses and kow tow to them. To me they are nothing but necessary evils that must be tolerated but not glorified. I bet that you have never met a cop that has not : 1. Lied under oath. 2. Falsely arrested a person because they were ' mad ' at them. 3. Abused a prisoner physically and / or emotionally while in custody.

That is the NORM for them, and they feel justified in doing the illegal deeds they do because they feel ' handcuffed ' by those pesky civil rights laws and of course they hate defense attorneys, as they tend to expose the villany of the cops and catch them in their lies. believe me, if you were ever falsely charged, you would want the slickest, most tenacious lawyer you could get. they are a lifesaver; many people are leaving death row after being found innocent decades later, after rotting in prison for a crime they did not commit, only because some lawyer took up the case.

If a ' bad guy ' gets away now and then it is a small price to pay for the system that gives us a chance at having the law applied fairly. If the cops did their job correctly, and testified truthfully , they would get all of the convictions they deserve. when they break the rules and violate rights, then they must be penalized and that comes by exclusion of evidence and that sometimes means that someone technically ' guilty ' might get a break. So what? It is usually a drug case anyway, so no victims are harmed by the dismissed charges, and the cops get a lesson in how to do it right.

The cops would LOVE for us to have NO RIGHTS at all. Then they could ' protect us ' so much better, right? They are never to be trusted,ever. Use them for what they are there for, to assist us when we need them, and the rest of the time they should screw off and leave us alone. I NEVER treat them with anything but contempt and always make sure that I have film, tape or a witness handy so I can exercise my rights and be protected from their nonsense should they hassle me. I let them know that they are messing with someone who will SUE, file complaints and raise hell in editorials and in public should they violate my rights.

AS these cowards are usually looking for easy targets, like those ignorant of their rights, they do not bother me much once I make it clear that tye have an adversary at hand, and a capable one at that. They slink away and crawl back into Donutland and the easy pickings of the ignorant and meek. To me they are a dangerous menace that much be watched carefully and never ever trusted.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I know no decent cops, never have, only crooked and corrupt ones.

Cops=Paramilitary gestapo force ready to push forth the NWO/Elites agenda in a moments notice.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I pretty much like the police here in NYC, they've never given me any problem and are usually quite helpful if you need to ask a question like directions or something.

I have lived in other places however where I felt that the cops were mainly a-holes.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Let's see, they're part of the unholy trinity (money, fame and power) so no, I dont trust cops. I might however trust a person who is a cop, if given reason to. I dont trust non-cops either, so I guess we're kind of even there

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
i live in philadelphia and the police here as a whole are extremely corrupt, one of the most corrupt police departments in the country. they're basically just like another gang/mafia running through the streets. crime in philly is going through the roof and sadly due to political nonsense and the plain 'ol fact that a large majority of the officers jus dont care, theres neighborhoods here where they just dont go to at all, its like they're using the logic of let the animals kill each other off. i know philly isnt the only city that has this problem but i got a first hand experience of how these guys work last year, my younger brother was murdered in cold blood for no reason. this happened in titusville, fl. where he lived and within the last couple years there crime has gotten way out of control. after i got the news about my brother, me and my other brother drove down there, the police and the detectives were absolute jokes, just a bunch of local boys that thought it would be cool to wear a badge and didnt seem to be in any real hurry to try and find the person. they more or less gave me and my family the attitude that # happens.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Liquid,
Thanks for sharing your story. You should be mad, any one should be. It would seem to me that the thing to do would be to decide how to fix the problem. But when the people are corrupt who are the ones who are supposed to fix the problem that does kind of make it seem very hard to fix.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Just my two cents as a current POLICE OFFICER....

Almost ALL of you confuse us as POLICE who make the arrests with the Court System (lawyers, judges, clerks, etc...) who's job it is to prove guilt/innocence, sentence, and uphold the punishment with the law broken. THAT IS NOT OUR JOB! I have seen some complaints about people being falsly held in prison, then 22 years later DNA proves he was innocent. People use your heads. DNA wasn't around year ago..so it went off of some evidence, and a lot of he said she said type stuff. Years ago the laws were written much differently then they are now and the courts didn't need as much evidence as is required in this day and age. You just can't compare ANYTHING that has happened pre-1985ish to now. Technology and quality of officers is 100x's better then years ago.

Law Enforcement was WAAAAY more corrupt then, then it is now. Are there some bad cops and corrupt cops, absolutly! But guess what, for those of you who come on here in judgement of cops I would guess that most of you know some real A**holes and corrupt people in your own lives. Who work OTHER jobs as well. Point is, no matter the career path, city you live in, country you live in....there are people who will always do wrong.

And for you idiots who say all we do is ruin lives and live to bully people my guess is your a criminal, ex criminal, or friends with some criminal...it amazes me how when you break the law or think you can do ANYTHING you want then get caught its always the cops fault or someone elses fault that you ruined your own life.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i was arrested for possesion of marijuana in 1996.

i had 2 grades, commercial, and high potency. the police busted me with the commercial grade and kept the good stuff. it was over 2 ounces, street value of several hundred dollars.

the police contacted me after the statute of limitations had run out. they wanted to give me back the cash they had also confiscated. my grandfather in law is an ex police officer and told me this practice was common, and to under no circumstances accept the money.

i totally don't trust police. i've had a bad experience (the one i mentioned) and others, and a relative who is an ex police officer who also says not to trust them.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As to the case of the rape he didn’t commit, he should have been awarded pay out to buy himself a home, and helped to get a job and helped to come to terms with his loss of freedom and helped back into society, then he killed somebody, in my eyes if you kill somebody you should lose all your rights and be imprisoned for life after all you took somebody’s life so you should loose yours im not in agreement with the death penalty but you should be locked up for the rest of your life if you commit murder.

as for trusting the police i don’t trust the police force as its corrupt from the top to some of the actual police officers, some are decent people some are out and out evil, but they all can twist the out come of a situation if need be, and i know this as a fact, after all most of them in higher office are part of the funny hand shake brigade

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
me and my family pretty much wrote off the police for the way they handled my brother's murder, with no "suspects" to this day. they told us through out the year they had an idea but couldnt do anything, we got nothing but bull# and they even lied to us about the details of what happened. i come from a huge irish family and we pretty much told the detectives that if/when we find out what youre not willing to find out on who did this...its game on and we sure as hell are'nt gonna be making a citizen's arrest.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think you all need to take shadows words with a massive grain of salt, he claims to be police, but I remember there was a topic somewhere on ATS talking about Blackwater and he claimed to be one. So that does not make any sense, police yet blackwater mercenary... Hmmm. Marge was on the forum and some others so I am going to give them a PM and see if they remember where the topic was. However, I think shadow is being highly dishonest on what or who he is (not amusing or new on a forum) and what he does. First he is blackwater... now in the police... Just look at how he talks. I will get back to you on this later.

Police=Corrupt SOB's That is just the way it is, power hungry fools who like to make other peoples lives miserable. In my area they LOVE to pull over the Palestinians (we have a community here) and give them tickets for ANYTHING they can come up with. Harrasment to the extreme.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
Just my two cents as a current POLICE OFFICER....

Shadow,
thanks for chiming in. And I know there are other parts of the legal system that tries and prosecutes. But the people on the street that do the investigation and keeping the peace play a big role in the system. If the system is to be operated with integrity it has to be at all levels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join