It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HALLIBURTON CLEARED of wrongdoing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Halliburton's subsidiary, Kelogg, Brown and Root has been cleared of any wrongdoing says the U.S. Government.

The reality of this situation has always been that Halliburton NEVER wanted these contracts. They lost equipment and worse yet a human life.

The Corps of Engineers could not get anyone else to deliver the needed fuels and Halliburton was ordered to do it.

There you have it. More political MUD that was all over the mainstream news when it was beleived to be "dirty" but now that it has been shown to be "clean" I bet we don't hear much, if anything about it.

money.cnn.com...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I don't see how it has been "shown" to be clean.

I believe they were charging the US Government three times the amount others were charging for fuel.

I doubt this is the end of it and perhaps it's a little premature to clear Halliburton of all wrong doing.

Still,this story in CNN Money should provide a nice little boost for all those that hold shares in Halliburton and it's subsiduries.
Which is good news for some.Eh,Springer.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
There you have it. More political MUD that was all over the mainstream news when it was beleived to be "dirty" but now that it has been shown to be "clean" I bet we don't hear much, if anything about it.

See your own first line for an explanation:

Halliburton's subsidiary, Kelogg, Brown and Root has been cleared of any wrongdoing says the U.S. Government.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wasn't it found the Kuwaiti company was overcharging Halliburton, or it's subsidiary, then the US added it was the high standard of fuel the DoD required? Therefore, not really excessive, at all, for that sorta fuel.

But, it's Halliburton so it must be evil, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No the US Government have cleared them.

So thats OK right ???

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Army Corp. cleared them actually. And, it was the Dept. of Defense that raised the issue to begin with.

I haven't seen any solid evidence of wrongdoing with this. The whole thing isn't really news worthy, imho.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Several of us already predicted this would happen. It, by no means, means that it's "clean", but more so suggests what I thought in the first place: There are no limits to the favors that will be granted for Halliburton.
Yeah, $100 million dollars is easy to lose track of, I suppose. It's a mistake anyone could have made, right?

"Cleared" does not mean innocent. I'm sure it's more like "pardoned", in this case.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The corrupt US gov may have cleared them, but Cheney is still a wanted man:

At the heart of the matter is a $6 billion gas liquification factory built in Nigeria on behalf of oil mammoth Shell by Halliburton--the company Cheney headed before becoming Vice President--in partnership with a large French petroengineering company, Technip. Nigeria has been rated by the anticorruption watchdog Transparency International as the second-most corrupt country in the world, surpassed only by Bangladesh.

www.veritastruth.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Or, had your own business audited?
If so, or you just know anything about an audits cycle of due diligence & discovery, you would find the below highly suspect.
The head of the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Lt. Gen. Robert Flowers, said Halliburton's Kellogg Brown & Root unit will not need to provide "any cost and pricing data" relating to a contract to deliver millions of gallons of gasoline from Kuwait to Iraq, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a previously undisclosed Dec. 19 ruling.

Beejeebus Jumpin' Christ!?!?
will not need to provide "any cost and pricing data" relating to a contract to deliver millions of gallons of gasoline from Kuwait to Iraq, !?!?!?!?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Exactly! That's not "clearing" them! That's sweeping it all under the rug!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What a bunch of speculation and denial of the facts here.
Regardless of what you were fed by the Libs in a POLITICALLY MOTIVATED attack against a VERY straight laced company simply because the FORMER C.E.O. is a political adversary of the left...

Halliburton NEVER WANTED to do this job, bought the fuel from THREE LOCAL Wholesalers and added a few cents a gallon to the price to cover their costs.

I know I am wasting my time typing this because you all REFUSE to understand the business principles at play here.

Actually what you are doing is confusing political diatribe with sound business practice. A BAD COMBO.

And yes, JB1 the shares have advanced HANDSOMELY (from $9.00 a share 2 years ago to $25.00 a share today) because the company is a well run, EXTREMELY HONEST business.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Forget it. He's too brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Now,now Satyr I won't hear a word said against Springer.

So tell us Springer if Halliburton was so reluctant to be in Iraq then why did it bid?

And isn't it true that both Enron and Worldcom were both "EXTREMELY HONEST" businesses before they were found to be corrupt stooges of Bush?

Or was Bush a corrupt stooge of Enron and Worldcom?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
....with the sold-their-soul-to-the-Devil-Executive-management.
Case in point, my brother worked for Andersen. KBR & H are likely staffed with folks with 30 plus year careers who are the salt of the Earth, like my father at GM.

But do they drive the co.'s business decisions, clean or otherwise?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Sadly it is the U.S. Government that cannot be cleared of wrongdoing, so how would its own "clearance" of corrupt instrumentalities and no-contract bidders carry any weight to any person who understands justice?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
HOLD, I say, HOLD! Ride that bad boy to the top!

Woo hoo! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Now,now Satyr I won't hear a word said against Springer.

So tell us Springer if Halliburton was so reluctant to be in Iraq then why did it bid?

And isn't it true that both Enron and Worldcom were both "EXTREMELY HONEST" businesses before they were found to be corrupt stooges of Bush?

Or was Bush a corrupt stooge of Enron and Worldcom?

Obviously, they weren't. And a bit of evidence to point to this difference is:

THEY didn't pass SEC audits.

The Big Red and Grey DID.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Springer,

what are you doin' man?

you know they are gonna eat you alive don't you?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Believe what you want.

or wait til someone tells you what to believe on the radio, or TV.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Lysergic,

I got a question for you man,

Is it the drug or the desire that gets you high?

Is it Haliburton or the buyers of their product that are the criminals or both?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join