It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Congressman Indicted for Bribery, Other Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Democratic Congressman Indicted for Bribery

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., was indicted Monday on 16 counts related to a long-running bribery investigation on charges including bribery, racketeering, obstruction of justice and money laundering.

The indictment was handed up in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Va. A press conference is scheduled for later Monday in Washington to discuss the case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's about time!

This is the guy with all the money stashed in his freezer.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Faces more than 230 years in prison,
. "Most ethical congress ever"
videotaped taking a $100,000 cash bribe.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is a lot more to this story than vidoetaped bribery and 100k in the freezer.

Remember, his congressional offices were searched by the FBI, setting off a firestorm of debate about constitutionality, separation of powers, and the sanctity of the halls of Congress. President Bush then froze the evidence for 45 days to let cooler heads prevail.

The following week, there was the incident at the Rayburn Building with the "impact hammer" and reports of shots fired, people taken away in ambulances, and a lockdown during which a room to room search of the building was conducted.

Related events? No connection? We may never know for sure.

link to Jefferson story
link to Rayburn story

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I had almost forgotten about this guy. Maybe he just likes his money cold. I like Devil Dogs cold.

They have video of Murtha negotiating for a bribe dont they?

The sad thing is when a politician gets caught like this the people should be the checks and balances. If your congressman is caught up in even the slightest bit of shady business dont vote for him next election. But thanks to partisan idiocy and the genius notion that its more important to stick it to the donkey or elephant than to have an honest man in Washington have ensured that murderers, theives and liars will serve a lifetime in office. For what?

Stick Jefferson back in there. Vote for Nagin. Keep Ted Kennedy in office.
Who's hurting and who's winning? Theyre all laughing at us the voters. It doesnt matter to them since theyre all on the same team anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This was my congressman for a number of years. I can't remember if I ever voted for him.

He was re-elected recently, which should tell you a lot about Louisiana politics.

If he's convicted, I hope he gets the max.

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
But thanks to partisan idiocy and the genius notion that its more important to stick it to the donkey or elephant than to have an honest man in Washington have ensured that murderers, theives and liars will serve a lifetime in office.

I'll be honest with you. Partisan politics had nothing to do with Jefferson's re-election.

[edit on 2007/6/4 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join