It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie outbreak in Louisianna?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombieagent
I don't know, I just have a paranoia about Zombies ever since an incident six moths ago I do not wish to explain..[edit on 4-6-2007 by zombieagent]

Come on, explain man!

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
Voodo Majic
Fckin Voodoo Majic

What film?

Predator 2

I love zombie movies, other than that I have nothing further to add to this thread. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Originally posted by Fowl Play
Voodo Majic
Fckin Voodoo Majic

What film?

Predator 2

I love zombie movies, other than that I have nothing further to add to this thread. Sorry.

Bob on Mr Nada. Do people really post after watching " Dusk Till Dawn", or the " Evil Dead".. Theres a lot more to think about than BS.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If it ever happened (which I doubt it would), then GWB shouldn't hear about it... He'll then probably stop the War on Terror and declare War on the Undead.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I remember that there was a video on YouTube about this. VERY scary stuff:

[edit on 4-6-2007 by All Seeing Guy]

[edit on 4-6-2007 by All Seeing Guy]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well now that some of the laughs have died down, let's talk about voodoo dolls and zombies. First Voodoo is originally from West Africa, known as Vodoun and was brought to Haiti during the slave trade and is a shamanic religion that calls on spirits for guidence and support. It is a very real religion and still practiced today in many parts of the world with local variations.

In New Orleans, practicioners will quickly correct you as they call it Hoodoo. Zombie, drugged living people, are used as house servants/slaves and bodyguards and do light duties. Mostly practiced in Haiti. Some reports of zombies exist in the far past around New Orleans, but are usually regaurded as stories. Zombies are created by a drug induced coma by a Houngan or Mambo (male and female priests--also the origin of mumbo jumbo). This is usually done as an act of revenge or a show of power to a doubter.

Voodoo Dolls are not used in Haiti. It is mostly New Orleans practice. An honest answer is the magic of a voodoo doll comes from the power of suggestion. In otherwords it is mostly "folk magic" like love potions from an old gypsy woman. Which is understandable as Hoodoo has more european influences where Haitian Voodoo has more Central and South American Indian influences. Both variations claim strong influence from Catholic and Protestant Christianity yet neither have worship of anything like the Devil, Satan or Lucifer.

So yes Voodoo is a real religion, it does have zombies and it is believed that the Salem Witchcraft Trials may have stemmed from teenage girls having a facination with Voodoo practiced by a Haitian Mambo.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah. I can't say I'm a Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie fan, myself.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
interesting and very different from what we normally read about here in paranormal studies....but all the same fascinating

But zombieagent, I would like to hear/read about your experience that happened 6 months ago.
It might be a little insight as to why youve started this thread and it may work in your favour...

Nothing is too crazy for ATS

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Zombieagent, Did you hapen to notice any markings on the choppers

or have you seen any "hunters" in the arrea carrying weapons that might look out of place
What is the nearest military facility that you know of and PLEASE tell us whar happened to you 6 months ago.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
ROFLMAO!!!

Come on. Newish member, with the name Zombieagent, comes in talking about zombies in luisiana, and has a "mysterious incident that has made him paranoid about zombies" which he wont even elaborate on?

Classic malformed hoax.

Move Along.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I live in Metairie, it is 10 minutes west of New Orleans. I have lived here my whole life. In that time I have experienced plenty of paranormal activity, including a full body apparition. But I have yet to see a zombie.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
All I can think of is when confronted by one or more zombies, immediately break into Michael Jackson mode, screaming the lyrics to Thriller which we all know but won't admit, and while the zombies are dancing up a storm you Moonwalk the heck outta there. Exit stage left.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hahaha thats pretty cool
sounds pretty real too but although im a massive fan of zombies
(hence the name)
i think that website is just for entertainment purposes only
i really doubt that if vampires and zombies were real that there would be a federation against them
im pretty sure it would be a global thing not just america
but yeah
sounded pretty real though
they've done well i'd say

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I, too, grew up in the Metairie/New Orleans area and never had any paranormal experiences. My grandmother did when she lived uptown. If you live in the boon docks, the helicopters could be looking for pot fields.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Zombie problems? No problem, just call up Bruce Campbell. That's his specialty.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I dont know...I've always lived in New Orleans, studied it, been to a few Voodoo rituals, participated in some, have been the subject of one or two, and am friends with various Voodoo practitioners, and I have never heard of them referring to it as "Hoodoo".

Everything else is on point.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here preparedness dispells helplessness

on a more sinister note there is a zombie agent. I saw it on TV some plant derivative that makes you completely and utterly without freewill for a few hours

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Wow, i wonder.Wouldent all the zombie be dead or terminated allready if there where a outbreak?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I love zombie news sites... After reading the Survival Guide and World War Z by Max Brooks, it's been fun looking into the idea of the "Zombie Apocolypse"....

I'm also a big fan of zombie flicks....

Zombies are just plain creepy...slow, but sure doom, never-sleeping, never-stopping, and relentless....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join