It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caging and future elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It looks to me like Karl Roves plan for the 2008 election has been exposed partially by comments of Monica Goodling and partially by the resignation of Tim Griffin former aid to Karl Rove. Griffen was one of those chosen to replace one of the 8 US Attorneys. Monica Goodling testimony to Congress mentioned the use of ‘voter caging.’ Could it be that she has let the cat out of the bag? www.slate.com... As Slate has reported caging is a method to disenfranchise minority voters and Griffin was alleged to have engaged in the practice in 2004. Strangely now Mr. Griffen is resigning after John Conyors has requsted information regarding Griffen from the BBC. These documents ostensively tie Griffen to the 2004 caging lists circulated to state Republican Party leaders.
www.perspectives.com...

It appears that Griffen was knee deep in ‘caging’ on orders from Karl Rove and perhaps that is their strategy for the 2008 election. Get our men in and send out the list and disenfranchise as many minority voters as humanely possible clearly reminiscent of Florida and Jeb and Katherine Harris' and their purge of 45,000 ‘felons’ from the voter rolls during the 2000 Presidential election. The only problems those 45,000 were not felons.

Perhaps I’m jaded but desperate times require desperate actions and this tactic has Rove plastered all over it.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by polanksi]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Although I do not put it past the Bush Administration to use such a nefarious tactic, I think the GOP is so unpopular now that caging could not save them.

new topics

join