It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Profile Relationships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I need some hypothetical help/suggestions.

What do you think are the pros & cons of being involved in a relationship where one person has celebrity or high profile status?

For some reason all I can think of right now is for the lesser known person to be referred to as the unknown person with such&such colored hair accompanying celeb. This kind of bothers me.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm assuming it all depends on the status of the two people involved in the relationship. Whether they are in love, planning to get married and/or start a family also would play in the 'pros and cons'.

Just flat our dating someone of higher profile/status would be each persons decision and whether or not the lesser of the two would mind the other being in the spot light or whatever. I wouldn't mind being in someone I loves shadow, but some people might?

What a tough question Questor! Did you run off and meet Tom Cruise or something while on holiday?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What a tough question Questor! Did you run off and meet Tom Cruise or something while on holiday?

Hehe, that's what I was thinking...

I'd personally be fine with it, as I'm not seeking fame... I suspect it's like that for many who are in that boat. As long as they are truly in love with the famous one, I wouldn't think it would matter that much to them.... If it does matter, maybe it's the fame, and not the person, that they're attracted to...hmm?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hehe. Remember, this is hypothetical.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Hehe. Remember, this is hypothetical.

I thought long and hard about your "hypothetical" query. This is one of those hypotheticals that's nearly impossible to answer unless you are someone that's been in this situation yourself at one point in your life.

I will add that I would think that it would take a strong and confident person to remain in the shadows of their lover. Also a great amount of support from both. Heh! Really no different then two unfamous people involved I suppose is it?

Best all time advice: Be yourself no matter who you are involved with.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the good advice.

I guess it would certainly be impossible to answer especially if it's new territory.

I suppose the main elements of any kind of relationship are the same. I just have to put away any pre-conceived notions that this type is extraordinary.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The big problem is availability of other people, for the high profile person. Depending on how high profile they are, they have people trying to figure out ways to get closer to them or insuinate themsevles. Basically, you got a lot more competition, mentally.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
(hypothetically speaking)unless u keep your private life private it wont work. sum1 in my family has a high profile and he has now married 4 women... so it obviously didnt work. even though he had children to encourage the marriage it obviously didnt mean that much. as a celebrity things are different people throw themselves at you and its mush easier to talk to someone and chat them up than if u were just a regular person... to be honest i dont think his present relationship will last for long either as the women keep gettin younger n younger.sick.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think it's hard to make a relationship work when only person in it has the high celebrity type profile.

just schedules alone would be enough of a hassle for me not to bother, plus I personally would be jealous when other women throw themselves at my "celebrity" man. Trust is a big issue for me and I would have a problem dealing with it.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i know what u mean. if both of the partners have celebrity status it would be slightly easier. although depending on how famous the person is or the partners background they would probably become well known too. there is a lot more cheating in celebrities lifestyles than ppl realise...

top topics

join