It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian boy killed in Komodo dragon attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Indonesian boy killed in Komodo dragon attack

www.cnn.com

An eight-year-old Indonesian boy died after being attacked by a Komodo dragon in a national park in the east of the country, an official said.

"The dragon bit his waist, tossed him and dragged him. His right leg was badly scratched," Heru Rudiharto of the Komodo National Park said by telephone

He said the boy had been attacked on Saturday after entering a bush for a toilet stop in a fishing village in the national park on Komodo, an island 1,500 km (930 miles) east of the capital Jakarta.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
There are a lot of cases of similar attacks on human beings by wild animals which go unreported. Can we post all such news/information here on ATS? I did some research on net and came up with similar logs on the attacks of Sharks and Tigers but nothing conclusive on the attacks by other animals.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
These animals can be quite nasty and Komodo dragon attacks on people are not unheard of.

Their main method for hunting is to bite their prey (say a deer) then leave it. They tail it for however long it takes to get septicemia and die, because their saliva is packed full of lethal bugs.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have heard of pet dogs attacking the owners at homes all over the world. Also,there are incidents of bears attacking human beings...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Last night at a friends place I was attacked by several, possibly more than several female mosquitos, they drained my legs of blood and then flew off in to the night to lay some eggs, so next weekend when we sit out on the balcony for a glass or several of wine and their offspring can do they same.

There are thousands of animal attacks every year, most off them are never reported. Tigers still take people in India. Hippos kill an unknown amount in Africa, as well as the crocs and lions and elephants can do massive amounts of damage when the go off on one.

Not sure where you want to go with this one? I'm sure most ATS members are quite a way away from any seriously dangerous animals. Although saying that a snake had away with somebodies rat/dog a couple of weeks ago just a few miles down the road from here!!

ATS travel warnings based on animal attacks. tee hee

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
How about launching a forum in BTS for all animal related threads? Pics of members pets, animal attacks, any news articles related to animals? I often wondered why there wasn't one.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

How about launching a forum in BTS for all animal related threads? Pics of members pets, animal attacks, any news articles related to animals? I often wondered why there wasn't one.

I think that would be a wonderful idea.Are the mods listening?? This will give a special corner for animal lovers

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I want to call for the complete extermination of all animals that are a danger to humans. If we just made it open season on every beast that was capable of killing or maiming members of our species we could end all this.

Shoot the hippos, lions, and bears. Kill every tiger, elephant and large dog.

Problem solved if you can wipe out venomous snakes and spiders at the same time, and don't forget the deer, they have very sharp hooves that can do a lot of damage.

Oh hell, let's get rid of all the people at the same time, I've heard we can even be a danger to ourselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
My edit time ran out on the above post, but I wanted to add something that just makes me sick.

South African officials have applied to kill 10 lions that mauled a nine year old to death on a farm last month.

The Department of Agriculture made the announcement as a judge ordered a further probe into the death, delaying a court case brought by trade unions.

The BBC's Mpho Lakaje says people in the North West Province have been angered that no-one has been charged in connection with the boy's death.

Officials hope to go to the farm on Friday to confiscate the big cats.
news.bbc.co.uk...

O.K. fine, it seems like being a little kid is dangerous around large animals, but this is the part of the story that is so sad:

As they did not know which lion had actually killed the boy, they had made an application to put down all those that were in the enclosure, she said.

That last bit is just disgusting.
If a serial killer in a large city was describes as a white male with brown hair and 6 feet tall I don't think anyone would advocate killing everyone of that description.

I see these stories pop up in the news all the time.
An animal does what nature intended and then pays for it with it's life because humans can't stomach one of our own being eaten.

There's enough of us to go around, so I say let the animals snack on a few of us.
We sure eat a lot of them, wouldn't you say it's tit for tat and only fair.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Oh no.

We need to kill all the bulls too........

A Peel man is dead after he was attacked by a bull on a Side road 18 farm in Wellington County, yesterday.

Police were called about 8:40 a.m. to a report of a man being injured by a bull in Peel Township.

According to the victim's son, the man was in the bull pen with the animal when the bull began to run at him.

The man's son came to his rescue and tried to get the bull way from his father. The man was able to climb out of the pen but later collapsed after a second attack by the animal.
lfpress.ca...

Our bovine buddies are on the warpath in Canada.
You can bet this bulls next stop will be the slaughter house.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Here's the start of insanity:

A new database unveiled this week will make it easier for Virginians to keep track of "dangerous" dogs.

Much like the sex-offender registry, the online Dangerous Dog Registry gives people the chance to find out whether such dogs live in their neighborhood.

"If they have children, now they'll know there's potentially a hazardous situation in their neighborhood," said Kevin Kilgore, president of the Virginia Animal Control Association and chief animal control officer for Hanover County near Richmond.

State lawmakers passed a bill in 2006 enacting tougher penalties for owners of dangerous dogs and creating the Dangerous Dog Registry.

www.dailypress.com...

Homeland Security should be notified so these dogs can be added to the no fly list.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

There's enough of us to go around, so I say let the animals snack on a few of us.

Well said...I completely agree...We are the ones who are causing immense problems to the planet already and now if we start doing this...then one can only pray to God to save these poor speechless animals. Its human beings who are responsible for most of these attacks...:bnghd: Then why should we go behind these animals.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We used to live out in the country; the real country with cougars, bear, snakes the real deal. I've found that if you leave them alone they'll leave you alone. We had a mama bear living about 1/2 mile away. We made sure she knew where we were and never had a problem. Every other year we saw a new baby; quite cool. Deer are really fun to watch and I didn't even mind they ate the garden. We've had cougar attacks but typically if you keep your wits about you one can be fended off. With cougars don't break eye contact, make yourself as large as possible the goal being of course, to make it believe you will hurt it. Worse case scenario where attack is imminent charge it yelling and screaming. Bears don't try and stare it down look down and be as non-threatening as possible; worse case scenario play dead. With either don't run. If you run you've just made yourself into a prey animal and trust me you can't outrun them. same thing with snakes let them know you're around they'll leave. Common sense will stand you in good stend in the back country.

One final comment; if you happen to be on a trail ride and your horse becomes nervous; pay attention they sense danger before we do. If a bear or courgar attacks; hang on to your horse; they will take you safely away. Of course, if you fall off well it'll suck to be you.

I imagine dragons or any other wild critters are the same; respect them and give them space you'll be okay. You know if you go into their dining room don't be surprised if they want you for the main course.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by gallopinghordes]

[edit on 9-7-2007 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You know if you go into their dining room don't be surprised if they want you for the main course.

Very well said. Nature has made everyone in a particular order and in the wild,laws of nature are governed by the law of the food chain.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Another example of how stupid humans can be:

Do you remember the kid that was killed by a shark in Australia I think, after it happened loads of people including authorities took boats and went out to exact "revenge" on the shark. I mean, as if sharks murder people. Fair play and respect to the father of the kid that said the shark should be left alone.

I know it's horrible if your part of the family that was hit, but you must remember that we're part of nature and we're in the same boat as the other species. Animals especially predators will defend themselves especially if you go near their young, however they will ignore you if you don't threaten them. Why would a predator waste precious energy, and risk either injury or death fighting something that is not a direct threat to them?

A predator is not the lone killing machine that the media and hollywood paints them to be. Their goal is to survive.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

however they will ignore you if you don't threaten them.

Darkside - This is partially untrue incase of a shark. Sharks attack often without provocation. So this theory is not applicable to them. Yes, for animals like Tiger it is true as humans don't fit into their idea of a prey. Tigers attack animals when they are wounded or there is an extermination of their prey.

new topics

top topics

join