Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Simon sez... here's trouble.

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Shoot if you guys have followed my progress here in the last few weeks you'll already have an idea about me.

I'm a grumpy old fellah.

So far I fear I have upset Byrd, Bodrul, Sunmatrix and Cygnusx1966. Actually it bothers me that Bodrul is upset and I maybe should not have been so harsh. I get passionate and sometimes too sarcastic. I forget that it hurts other people and really that is not my aim. I just get exasperated sometimes.

I am a non custodial father and the little astronaut on my knee is my son Isaac. his mother is dying. Isaac's mum is a Maori. I am welsh by birth, but have lived in Kiwi land an awful long time.

Someday I'd love to have more kids but that seems a pipe dream.

I have some passions. I love aviation. I am trying to form an airline venture. I am a seascape artist. Some of my paintings are featured at Belowtopsecret.

I am fascinated by WW2 conspiracies. especially the untold stories of AXIS nuclear weapon programs in WW2. That also got me interested in alternate fuels and alternate nuclear power like the ultra safe Thorium nuclear reactors. Space fascinates me. My son, Isaac loves Star Wars and every time I see him, I have to battle with his light sabre.

As a teenager I was hotly anti-nuclear and very involved with NZ's anti-nuclear movement which caused our Government to adopt an anti nuclear stance.

I think I am a spiritual person rather than a religious person. the religion which makes most sense to me is Buddhism and the laws of Karma. All religion is flawed. Archaic Buddhism is very sexist against women and various sects have huge differences of interpretation so it is no different from the squabbles of other religions.

Hmm what else ?

Oh yeah well I like skiing, mountaineering, scuba diving, canoeing, hiking. I drive like James Dean... boyracer who needs to grow up. don't like many sports but I am absolutely thrilled by the Louis Vitton/America's cup yacht racing off Spain at the moment. I didn't think NZ would make the finals.

My dad was a WW2 vet and he was at Normandy on D-day which makes me proud.

That's me.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Tis a pleasure to meet your aquaintance.Although we do not share many of the same interests I am sure we will meet on the boards.I would not worry too much about ruffling feathers.I see Bodrul has not picked you as a "Foe", so maybe he will get over it. Iam a friend of brotherthebig and you both seem to share the same interests.He is a virtual encyclopaedia of information and a very nice person to talk with.Hope you enjoy your time here, and "May the Force be with you", and your son.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS, sy.gunson!

Be sure to get yourself familar with the T&C - Don't want to break any rules
*gasp*

Also check out BTS - A laid back place to joke around and talk about any subject you could imagine.

As well as Above Politics all your Politic interests.

HERE is your very own customizable ATS profile. Tell a little about yourself and leave comments on other member's profiles.

If you have any questions just ask; I am always willing to help

And have fun

Enjoies

Bodrul is a good guy, and I'm sure you two can get along.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Welcome! I have read some of your posts, and while not always in agreement, I think you speak well.

Ruffling feathers seems to be a way of life here, so I wouldn't worry too much. I too have ruffled some, and like you, it was due to my passion on a subject.

Most people, me included, take these things in the spirit of debate, and not as a personal affront.

See you on the boards. (But don't expect me to be agreeable, as I too am an old curmudgeon.)

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Don't want to break any rules
*gasp*

enjoies05, sorry but it's a bit late for that advice. Thanks all. hey is Bodrul a man ???

Wow these avatars can be quite misleading!

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
hey is Bodrul a man ???

Nevermind what I said before, I don't think you will be able to get along.

Take a look...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
ha ha ha ha. Must be old age. Not hte first gender screw up I've made in my tender couple of weeks here.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Welcome, sy.gunson!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

Hey Grady.... Cheeky sod. I use British spelling

Look all you yanks. Repeat after me and we'll get along just fine.

Labor = Labour

Surprise = Surprise
(oh heck the spell checker says you guys spell that one like we do ??)

Oh yeah and;

Mom = Mum

If you can manage that then the British passport is in the mail.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Mean another Kiwi on the boards.Don't forget were bringing home X2 of the most important trophies this year.After Dean Barker does his thing,Richie Mccaw and the boys will bring the rest of the silver ware back(and i know the rest of wales would rather we have it than the poms).All our precious's will be mines.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
America's cup is about the only sport I watch. that's like a chess game on water. Great fun. I've done a fair bit of sailing in my time so it's the only time I ever stay up 'til 3am to watch sport on TV.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
welcome to ats

top topics

join