It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico UFO video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've just been watching this video and wondered if anyone can tell me if they either know if its a fake or wheather the jury's still out on this one?

www.crowdedskies.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'll check it later, but as of now, that link doesn't work for me.

Is there any time/date/location on the video that we could know to expidite your query on its veracity?

If its that video of a teetering saucer going behind some buildings, I'm 99% sure thats fake.

If its the video of some silver ball floating or flying around some helicopters, thats real.

EDIT:

Link is back up. It is the teetering UFO video. Yeah, I'm fairly certain thats a hoax.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i dont understand why everyone is posting fake ufo videos... thats about the worst fake i ever seen

search ats for "ufomare_Bband"

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Actually I recall seeing a show on cable that had the Mexico UFO video clip on it, I thought it was real at first but then they had had the guy who supposedly shot the video on and it turns out he was a professional video editor who used an Avid video editing system along with After Effects to make the clip.

He explained the video matting and keying techniques he used as well as the modeling program...

So I must say it is a fake...

Also, I occassionally have to sit in on training video editing sessions and so I am somewhat familiar with this equipment and it is certainly able to do what he described.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There are so many hoaxes around and people who find it very easy to make them that even genuine film or pics would be considered fake by the majority of people.

The only people who know of the validity of what is recorded are the very same people who film it.

The phrase 'The camera cannot lie' died a long time ago unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supernova
There are so many hoaxes around and people who find it very easy to make them that even genuine film or pics would be considered fake by the majority of people.
Yup. I don't use photos or film to base my beliefs in UFOs as a result of this. Though I do find the NASA STS videos and the videos of the Greifswald Germany lights to be very convincingly real. The Greifswald lights especially freak me out. That STS-48 "space snake" video is top-notch too as we've even had at least one astronaut (Dr. Story Musgrave) comment on seeing just such a UFO.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supernova
Yup. I don't use photos or film to base my beliefs in UFOs as a result of this. Though I do find the NASA STS videos and the videos of the Greifswald Germany lights to be very convincingly real. The Greifswald lights especially freak me out. That STS-48 "space snake" video is top-notch too as we've even had at least one astronaut (Dr. Story Musgrave) comment on seeing just such a UFO.

heelstone, do you happen to have any links to the above mentioned UFO sightings you referred to?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I found the Griefswald video:

www.iwasabducted.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If it is a hoax it is a good one.

More important than the video is Mexico's love affair with ufo's and aliens in general. A country with many sightings and a reputed connection in history to alien lifeforms.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heelstone
That STS-48 "space snake" video is top-notch too as we've even had at least one astronaut (Dr. Story Musgrave) comment on seeing just such a UFO.

I read an internview with Dr. Storey where he described the "space snake" as space debris... not a UFO...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bowser
I found the Griefswald video:

www.iwasabducted.com...

The link doesn't work for me.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
I read an internview with Dr. Storey where he described the "space snake" as space debris... not a UFO...
Oh, he finally changed his tune as to what it could be, eh? In 1995 he said he didn't know what it was. I'm guessing the interview you read was at a later date.

top topics

join