It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Want More Terrorists Attacks On US Soil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Maybe if we get nuked a few times we'll really really really appreciate Bush!

Oh, in case you don't believe rawstory because it's liberal, here's the original article
www.nwanews.com...

Arkansas GOP head: We need more 'attacks on American soil' so people appreciate Bush
rawstory.com...

In his first interview as the chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party, Dennis Milligan told a reporter that America needs to be attacked by terrorists so that people will appreciate the work that President Bush has done to protect the country.

"At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001]," Milligan said to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country."

Milligan, who was elected as the new chair of the Arkansas Republican Party just two weeks ago, also told the newspaper that he is "150 percent" behind Bush in the war in Iraq.

In his acceptance speech on May 19th, Milligan told his fellow Republicans that it was "time for a rediscovery of our values and our common sense."

The owner of a water treatment company, Milligan was a relative unknown in Arkansas politics until last week's vote. He had previously served as the party's treasurer and the Saline County Republican chair.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Your title is a huge extrapolation from what content you support it with.

One man said something that could probably have been said better, and if you really think he is hoping and praying for a terrorist attack so people will love bush, then.... well what is there to say about that?

I don't really disagree. Did you see his poll numbers after 9-11? Imagine more attacks. People would be far less critical and far more supportive of his efforts.

Keep in mind I can't stand Bush at all, or his policies, but what the Arkansas Republican Party Chair said was probably true.

That is a far cry from the misrepresentation of your title, etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Or it will make everyone go

"Wait, you've taken away needing warrents to arresst people, you've tortured American citizens, wiretapped people's phones, you've done away with Freedom of speech, you've wasted trillions of dollars, just for us to get attacked again? Impeach!"

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the oversimplifed and base list, but that hardly should be put all at Bush's feet, although honestly most of it is alarmist junk that doesn't really represent what's really going on.

I'm not fan of Bush, but making him into much more of a devil than Congress for the past number of decades is seeing a small problem and ignoring a huge one (let alone past few presidents).

The whole government is screwed, so really leaving him in or getting him out will do little if anything.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by KrazyJethro]

ape

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i'm not quite sure how this chairman guy can claim bush has kept this country safe, currently we are focused more on securing the borders of foreign countries rather than our own. wide open borders before and after we got hit on 9/11 not to mention security at the ports, more people are killed by illegals in this country every year when compared to our total losses in iraq. is it possible to fight a war on terror and claim we are being protected while we have wide open borders? obviously with this administration and government. I wonder how many sleepers we have in this country.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by ape]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well, the Dems tried to bring the troops home so they could defend America the Republicans this was Anti Troop. Even though Al Qeada has come out and supported the Republicans and their stance on keeping troops in Iraq so Al Q can kill them it is still Pro Troops to support killing troops in Iraq and Anti Troops to bring them home to protect America.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Bush is a Bufoon the laughing stock of world opinion, but he's just that it is those who control the politicians that are of concern.

Most politicians are corrupt, are in the pay of multi nationals and do little if anything to represent the electorate who put them in office.

In short America has been for some time controlled by Zionists and powerful European families. Americans need to realise this and get rid of them. America for them is just a stick with which to beat others with, to prosecute wars and to further their global ambitions.

How can any politician say we need more Americans to die to wake people up, how about Amercans just waking up to the reality around them. Its a pity that while many are good at fighting on foreign soil they are no good at fighting on their home turf.

new topics

top topics

join