It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Debate on CNN Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For your information:

The Democratic presidential candidates are debating live from New Hampshire on CNN now, from 7pm - 9pm EDT.

It'll probably be repeated later.

[edit on 6/3/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Mike Gravel sounds pretty good.

Hillary and Obama aren't doing bad.

The rest are clowns, with the worst being Richardson. He sounds way to self-centered and egotistical, even for a politician.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Here are some links for those who haven't seen the debate.

Democratic presidential hopefuls traded barbs over the war in Iraq Sunday night in New Hampshire, with former Sen. John Edwards blasting two rivals for not taking the lead on a recent war spending bill.

Edwards said his opponents "have been quiet" on calling for a plan to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq.

Sen. Barack Obama, of Illinois, who opposed the war before taking office in 2005, shot back that "I opposed this war from the start." (Watch contenders clash over Iraq war Video)

"You're about four and a half years late on leadership on this issue," Obama said "And, you know, I think it's important not to play politics on something that is as critical and as difficult as this."

source

When it comes to Iraq Obama has the likes of Hillary over a barrel its just a pity that Obama CV is blank at this stage of his career. Allowing gays to openly serve in the US military is also a good thing.

Democratic and Republican strategists analyzed the the New Hampshire debate along with CNN's own political team.

Biden was "on fire," Democratic strategist and CNN contributor Donna Brazile said. Brazile said Biden's answers set him apart from the other seven.

Several observers characterized Clinton's performance as effective, yet safe.

"She came clearly determined not to let her position on Iraq and the objection of the others get in her way," said Arianna Huffington, the editor of the Huffington Post, a liberal-leaning political blog.

"I thought it was her best performance, and if Obama and Edwards really want to take her on Iraq, they have to be much more aggressive and much more clear."

Watts said Clinton did nothing to hurt her front-runner status, but others disagreed.

"Her problem is all her non-verbal communication. She has got to learn to control that to be more effective on television," Murphy said of the former first lady.

source

The comments about Hillary are certainly interesting and I would like to get feedback from those who saw the debate. As for Biden winning the debate often the elements of public opinion disagree with the media spin on American political debates so again I will just wait for feedback from other members who saw the debate.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by xpert11]

new topics

join