It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Klogic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Klogic; what the f*** was the creator thinking?!

For those who build their own circuits, and like to design them on a simulator before getting out the saudering iron, I suggest NOT using klogic to simulate it.

If anyone here has used klogic before, I have a few questions:

A: Since when did 7-Segment displays already have a hex decoder attached?
- In klogic, it seems everything is pre-assembled. It's like the author of the program had ONE circuit in mind when he created the program, and you can only really simulate that ONE circuit accurately.

B: Ok, so that creates a short to ground... WHERE are the DIODES!?
- That's right, no diodes... no freaking diodes! If you want to make sure your current path doesn't go in the wrong direction, too f***ing bad!

C: Just what am I attaching these wires to?
- The logic symbols are nice and all, but exactly what pin am I connecting to when I drag that wire over to the chip?! There are no labels, no datasheets to point to where each pin is. Nothing. It's all trial and error... which would be fine, if the pins on the chips in klogic had anything to do with where the pins are on the real thing... but even THAT is wrong.

Essentially... I want a digital simulator where real life parts can be used, I don't want the pins on the chipset to be anywhere other than where it's supposed to be, I don't want my parts to have additional decoders, demodulators, encoders, inverters, etc applied to them...

Maybe some half wit, building an LED light with no switch needed the output somewhere automatically inverted because he's a f***ing moron who cant remember to put the inverter on himself... but I'm not! I don't want suprises popping up, because a part has some magical invisible curcuit attached that I didn't know about... I just want to simulate the actual parts.

I realize that it's an open source program, meaning it's free... normally I don't bitch about free stuff... but this is supposively one of the 'better' simulators, (according to the community). The author of this program is clearly not in the habit of designing custom circuits himself.

Anyways, that's my rant.

join