It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditative Sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone knows about a type of meditation that can be used instead of sleep? I heard once about this meditation but didn't look into it at that time and have forgotten its name since then.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
any binaural beat Delta tape/CD can make 40 minutes rest seem like 4 hours.
There are lots of binural beat technologies out there.
Just google
I like the Monroe Institute myself.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I heard somewhere that Albert Einstein never slept at all as an adult.
Instead he would sit in a comfy chair and meditate for 15 minutes every 2 hours.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
To therivergoddess

I started a thread on the thing you just said, it's called polyphastic sleep

Polyphasic Sleep (also known as Uberman's Sleep Schedule) is an alternate sleep pattern. Instead of sleeping through the night in a big chunk of hours, polyphasic sleep spreads out the long night sleep into short naps of 20-40 minutes throughout the day. It is intended to increase REM sleep and reduce sleep time.

The annoying thing would be is that you would have to sleep during your job (or school depending on what you do...), which is not always possible.

'nd junglelord, monroe institute rocks

Its deffinetly worth the time, it is possible to use it as sleep I guess. Oh and junglelord, what tapes do you use? In another thread you said you used different ones, haven't figured out which ones yet...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What is this Monroe Institute you all keep talking about?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Monroe Institute is a place that is run by Dr. Monroe who had OBE's and determined they were related to frequency.
the four brain frequencies are
Beta
Alpha
Theta
Delta

Beta is where you are right now.

Alpha is the daze you get in class in highschool and your just staring into the wall.

Theta is the Zone, where Micheal Jordon, Tiger Woods or Bruce Lee execute an act or a drummer like Buddy Rich is doing his thing.

Delta is the only brain state when growth hormone is released.

Delta is also the state of Remote Viewing

Hemi Sync is a Binural Beat Frequency Technology developed by Dr. Monroe to help facilitate whole brain thinking and extended states of awareness. It puts two different frequencies to each ear and the brain resonates at the difference between the two freq. The resonace is in both hemispheres equally which leads to whole brain thinking.
It also allows you to artificially maintain a specific brain wave state.

I currently use Higher which helps you focus inward to the source of creation and Indigo for Quantum Focus

www.monroeinstitute.com...

[edit on 4-6-2007 by junglelord]

new topics

top topics

join