It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Entebbe Raid"- Source Reveals Israeli Complicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

"Entebbe Raid"- Source Reveals Israeli Complicity

www.haaretz .com

Newly released British documents contain a claim by an unnamed contact that the Shin Bet security service collaborated with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine to hijack the June 1976 flight from Israel that was diverted to Entebbe, Uganda, the BBC reported Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.betar.co.uk
www.palestinefacts.org
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org
en.wikipedia.org

[edit on 3/6/2007 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This "raid" is cited as one of the most successful ops in Israeli history. A symbol of freedom. A story of guts, determination and a refusal to allow the terrorists to win out.

Now information comes to light that the reason for this success was because Shin-Bet had secretly organised the entire thing. Planting operatives within the PFLP to undermine the PLO's credibility on the world stage.

What statement do these latest revelations say to the free world?

Why doesn't this surprise me.....

www.haaretz .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yes but the report states tht this comes from an unnamed source. More then likely it was a statement that MI5 took which of course would be regulation. I dunno how accurate it could be. Take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Yes but the report states tht this comes from an unnamed source. More then likely it was a statement that MI5 took which of course would be regulation. I dunno how accurate it could be. Take it with a grain of salt.

Perhaps this report is just more "anti-semitism" from Europe.

Effie Eitam, Knesset member and National Union leader, Brigadier General and a participant in the 1976 raid on Entebbe in Uganda to free Jewish hostages after the hijacking of an Air France jet, blasted the "gall" of the British government report just declassified after 31 years as an "insulting attempt to delegitimize Israel."

Eitam considered the story to be another effort to besmirch Israel's name. "News reports that often come out of European media have long held a bias against Israel, positioning it a pariah. This latest 'news report' is a continuation of the anti-Israel bias created to mire Israel in darkness."
Link

The man doth protest too much...

Those dastardly British people with their attempts to "delegitimize" Israel.

Of course, remember when the British were going to pull out of the Suez Canal in the 1950's (at the behest of the USA)?

Hmmm... Didn't that lead to the "Operation Susannah"

Israel was at war with Egypt when it hatched a plan in 1954 to ruin its rapprochement with the United States and Britain by firebombing sites frequented by foreigners in Cairo and Alexandria.

But Israeli hopes the attacks, which caused no casualties, would be blamed on local insurgents collapsed when the young Zionist bombers were caught and confessed at public trials. Two were hanged. The rest served jail terms and emigrated to Israel.

Embarrassed before the West, Israel long denied involvement. It kept mum even after its 1979 peace deal with Egypt, fearing memories of the debacle could sour ties.
Link

Maybe I would take it with a grain of salt, if their weren't these disturbing precedents.

It also passes strange that the very airport the hi-jackers landed in happened to have been designed and built by the Israeli's, giving them an excellent floor-plan to stage a "daring" rescue.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Beelzebubba

that story you posted was a great read and interesting. I never knew that. Par for the course though. The only thing is that with that case there is proof. An unnamed source is just not going to cut the mustard and will be denied. With the 2 boycotts in the works in England right now against Israel it will be pretty easy for Israel to claim the story is anti-semetic even if it was true. I wish there was more concrete evidence.

This piece of news could also have been leaked to put pressure on the UK to stop those boycotts by making it appear that the UK is an anti-semetic country. Even though the boycotts are absolutely deserved and have the best intentions.

new topics

top topics

join