It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thoughts on Prof. Jones proof of thermite/mate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

Speaking as both a metal worker and a demolitions expert, I can tell you that this is not correct. The angled cut of that section is what shows it is unlikely to have been cut with Oxy. This isn't the forest where you need to ensure the direction of fall when the top comes down, which is why we make angled cuts on trees. On a construction (demolition) site there are cranes to support the tops or hanging ends and then of course the only logical way to cut with Oxy is the shortest cut. Nobody in their right mind would take the extra time and cost of tthe gas to cut at an angle.

However when placing the charges for demolition (There are Thermate shaped boosters for cutting which do cut sideways) these are placed at the angle shown and there are pictures around the internet showing this being done. The reason for placing them at an angle in this case is as obvious as why you would not cut the debris at an angle in clean up.

I am remaining anonymous because I am too busy to get into this and have no interest of following up. However I detect a smarter bunch of people on average here than most forums so shall hope that the simple logic is enough, for it is logical if you think about it. As an expert in both fields I can say I knew as soon as I saw that section it was not likely cut by Oxy simply because it was at such an obvious angle. I know yanks are dumb, but surely not that dumb.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The most important things to take from Jones' work are that:

1. The official story is not backed with the scientific method.
2. Jones applied the scientific method as much as he could in this case.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
The thermite/ate theory is laughable simply because it does not make any sense, given the observed evidence.
Hmm, you go on to say its plausible. How well do you understand science and logic?

It is merely a bad attempt to try and explain the molten metal in the basements.
The OS does not even make an attempt, how bad is that by comparison?
You really think thermite/ate can create a "foundry" that takes over 100 days to put out? Somehow all the molten metal just managed to find its way into the basement/pit, without leaving massive pools on the surface of the pile?
Jet fuel and office supplies burn cooler than thermate. What casued pools of molten metal if NIST says the seel never reached more than 600°c?

Somehow the remaining core columns were not covered in glowing molten metal. The ones which stood for 10 seconds, then collapsed.
What about the ones that stood and turned to dust?

Somehow the iron beams which were normal on one end, when pulled out of the pile, burst into flames on the other end?

Somehow thermite/ate managed to pulverize 99% of the structures..

Thermite/ate is a plausible, but utterly rubbish theory.
It can't be both according to the scientific method or logical arguement

[edit on 25-7-2008 by jprophet420]

[edit on 25-7-2008 by jprophet420]

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join