It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Sunday Morning with Rev. Wupy: An Atheist at the Pearly Gates.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLazy
What happens when Rev. Wupy is put before Allah? *Insert mocking laugh here*.

Actually I'm a Spiritual Anarchist so I would probably be in even deeper trouble than an Atheist.

Great conversation my friends. It gave me allot to think about and maybe we can discuss these issues, say, oh, next Sunday morning

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
One person's little amusing podcast and the group rallies for a discussion dance!

Well Done.. and here you didn't think your podcast was going to have an affect... See what you've been missing?

It has been my concerted thought to just try and enjoy whatever I read or hear for the entertainment factor and not let my personal position or belief's get in the way.

But we are a discussion board and I'm slightly amused that several one's are getting a bit riled up so would probably suggest that those that feel so inclined to make a podcast of their own stating/reflecting their own posture on the subject at hand... A podcast rebuttal if you will.. Although I would keep in mind that all "Terms & Conditions" are still in affect even when it's a podcast...

I have to say that I'm tempted to start adding disclaimers to any and everything I post if it's possibly going to upset someone's belief structure..

I can see one now for your little podcast mrwupy..

No Christians or Atheist's were harmed in the making of this podcast...!
(But then, don't you know it.. The Buddhist, Muslims and everyone else would be offended that we either didn't include them or in the least offer a honorable mention)! To them I say.. wait your turn!

DISCLAIMER:

The above disclaimer was in no means meant to offend people of any color, race, gender, and/or belief system. It's simply one mans tilted sense of humor and nothing more...... Please put down your weapon as I will give up without a fight... Thank You!

Thanks mrwupy for rattling the cage,

Johnny

[edit on 4-6-2007 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here's a really funny joke:

What's funnier than an atheist who dies and finds himself before the pearly gates?

An evangelical who dies and nothing happens...

ster·e·o·type (stĕr'ē-ə-tīp', stîr'-) pronunciation
n.

1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
2. One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.
3. Printing. A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.

tr.v., -typed, -typ·ing, -types.

1. To make a stereotype of.
2. To characterize by a stereotype: “Elderly Americans are the neglected sector of the fashion industry, stereotyped by blue hair and polyester pantsuits” (American Demographics).
3. To give a fixed, unvarying form to.
4. To print from a stereotype.

[French stéréotype, stereotype printing : stéréo-, solid (from Greek stereo-; see stereo–) + type, printing type (from Old French, symbol, from Late Latin typus; see type).]
stereotyper ster'e·o·typ'er n.
stereotypic ster'e·o·typ'ic (-tĭp'ĭk) or ster'e·o·typ'i·cal (-ĭ-kəl) adj.
stereotypically ster'e·o·typ'i·cal·ly adv.

When I said that Mr. Wupy confirmed my stereotype, I am not saying that all people who have a southern accent are stupid--only that it confirms the stereotype.

However, I apologize for any hurt feelings. I just joined this forum and don't always give a PC response to things. Love these emoticons tho...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by j_kalin

However, I apologize for any hurt feelings. I just joined this forum and don't always give a PC response to things. Love these emoticons tho...

No hurt feelings here, No conversation worth its salt is going to leave everyone feeling as if the world is a smiley, happy place. No need to apologize either. It is in the discussion and sharing that each of us grow.

I just hope my accent hasn't so offended you that you refuse to listen to my next podcast.

We need your input. No one grows or learns when everyone is slapping each other on the back and saying how lovely it is to think alike.

It is only in the sharing of each others experiance that we open ourselves to the journey of each other.

Love and light,

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Good to hear from you Wupy. Might as well knock everyone's assumptions by confessing that I am actually a sincere Christian and I find myself in the strange position of defending a theoretical atheist. However, unlike the "stereotypical" christian, I am not a right wing worshipper of George Bush. I prefer to just try to do what Jesus did; in this case defend an atheistic victim, albeit a theoretical one, of a perceived insult. As you can see I am still working on the tact part, but you should have seen me years ago...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join