It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont think i like my dreams very much...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A few weeks back i made a thread called "Remembering Dreams" where I asked members for techniques i could use to remember my dreams..

I have been keeping a dream journal now for over a month now and im starting to remember my dreams nightly.. actually like 2 or 3 dreams a night

my dreams are so horrible tho

seeing my friend get shot.. waking up in the middle of the night and having to call him to confirm that it was a dream..

hooking up with ex-girlfriends..

walking around stores picking up money and being so convinced that i actually have this money that i go into work the next day without checking my wallet or stopping at an ATM and being starved the whole day

my dreams are just head games

im so convinced theyre real when i wake up

i guess this is part of the process and once i get control over situations like these i'll have dreams that i actually enjoy

but for now..

I dont think i like my dreams very much...

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Dreams are funny things. The stuff that goes on in our heads at night is symbolic. It stands in for real events and problems in our waking lives.

I'm glad that your journal is working for you, that's the first step to understanding your inner landscape. The next step is figuring out what your personal symbolism means.

Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar." But most of the time, the elements of your dream life, while they may seem to be about one thing, are actually about something deeper.

For example, hooking up with your ex-girlfriend isn't necessarily about HER. It's more about someone or something in your current life bringing up some of the same feelings and behaviors you had when with her.

Find a good dream dictionary and start reading about what the major events and guests of your nightly dreams mean underneath the surface appearance. It will give you a whole new perspective on things.

Or, you could just come here and ask someone to help you with interpretation. ;-)

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I feel you biotic, Ive had some pretty disturbing dreams myself.

I don't think I buy into Freud's whole theory on dreams though, to me, a dream is nothing to worry about. I don't believe dreams have any esoteric meaning, well at least the really retarded ones anyway.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Biotic, I have increasingly been having dreams like you are talking about as well. I have to wonder what is going on sometimes. It's getting harder for me to distinguish between my "dreaming state" and my "waking state."

[edit on 3-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My son woke up from his nap just when I was answering this thread last time so I didn't get to finish my thoughts.

Having dreams so strong that they linger when you're awake the way you've described can be a key indicator that you are beginning to experience lucid dreaming.

I can't recall off the top of my head which tribe it was, but one (or more) tribes in Indonesia believe that your dream life is just as valid as your waking life. I don't think they would be dismayed or upset by the phenomenon you experience; they would see it as normal.

I don't think you should be disturbed by it overly either. Do some reading on lucid dreaming and try some of the techniques that the articles will describe, and perhaps you will find a whole new level of power over your life.

I think that what you're experiencing is a GOOD thing. When in doubt, educate yourself, and that should help you become comfortable with the experience.

www.lucidity.com...

www.ld4all.com...

serendip.brynmawr.edu...

For more links, just Google "lucid dreaming."

Let me know how it goes for you.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks MM, appreciate it

i too think its just part of the early stages of my familiarity with my dream world. ive probably always had dreams like this im just now starting to remember them because i have been practicing

im going to keep at it and read those links you posted, i just dont like these deceiving dreams i constantly have. its like im playing head games with myself almost

interesting comment about the tribe in indonesia, i have thoughts about my dream world that are very similar to that

new topics

top topics

join