It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it worth the effort?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i seem to be posting the same things over and over again
to people who seem to always use the same argument even so (most likely i have posted a response and backed it up a couple of times)

should i bother and keep trying to get the facts into their closed minds or give up and cut my loses and forget about the person and leave them in their ignorant state?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hi Bodrul. As I don't know what you've been posting about, I'm unable to advise, other than to say: if you believe that what you have to say can be of benefit to even one person, then that is reason to continue posting.

There are most likely at least as many lurkers as there are members of ATS. For whatever reason (lack of time, shyness, etc.) they don't post. But they're there. They browse forums seeking information, support for their own views or experiences or whatever.

If you truly believe that what you have to say is important (and clearly you must feel that way, for as you say:- ' I seem to be posting the same things over and over again ' ) ... why not post your information/opinions etc. with those silent lurkers in mind, and forget the vocal detractors.

At the moment, you're being distracted and demoralised by those whom you regard as having 'closed minds'.

The fact they're taking the time and trouble to oppose you, indicates they may be attempting to silence you. So why give in to them? And why would they want to silence you, unless your posts hold truths your detractors find uncomfortable?

For every noisy opponent who posts in opposition to you, there could be five silent lurkers out there for whom your posts hold truth, or hope or encouragement, etc.

You can't please everyone. And you wouldn't want to, in any case.

So just say what you believe, and let the chips fall where they may.

join