It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damian Hurst - $98M Diamond Skull - What a tit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I do not believe, that this can be called art.

I know that this is the kind of thing that Hurst does you know the whole "shock and awe", but really $98 Million.

Unless they sell it and give a large portion of the profit to charity, it only cost 20 - 30 Million to produce, then we should all go around to Hurst's house and give him a good kicking.

"I hope this work gives people hope -- uplifting, take your breath away," he said in response to a question on what he expected the public to get from the skull.

What a tit.

Full article:

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
OMG I am so jealous! If someone gave me a skull, some platinum and some diamonds, I could have made that too!

But then, I probably would have skipped the country if I had that kind of money on hand, so maybe not ...

This isn't the same guy who was digging up corpses in London to make casts of them, is it? I think that guy was the nephew of one of the Lords.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, how much more retarded can us humans get?

[edit on 1-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Surely this guy knows he's taking the p*** and is rubbing our faces in it. Can somebody please tell me how observing a diamond encrusted skull with Austin Powers' teeth is supposed to be uplifting?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I call fake. He probably did it in cubic zirconia for $600. They'll have Joan Rivers selling them on QVC next week. Matter of fact, it kinda looks like Joan might have modeled for it.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nope its real as they come. Its a human skull from the 18th century and made a platiunum cast of it.

Are you sitting down... Its encrusted with 8,601 diamonds. It cost 28 million to produce.

His asking price is 119 million.

top topics

join