It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Renewal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The Motto: "Deny Ignorance"

More than a slogan and deeper than a mission statement, our members have embraced the motto of "Deny Ignorance" as our reson detre, demanding everyone who posts to aspire to a higher standard of participation. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership base that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch skeptics. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand minds.

I think there are times when we forget what really makes this site so unique and special. Sometimes, we all forget these words (myself included), and it's nice on occasion to be reminded of them.

I have said several times during the course of my membership that denying ignorance and attacking ignorance are two very different exercises. The former embodies the words cited in the hyperlink above, the latter does not.

With that in mind, I'd like to publicly acknowledge my renewed commitment to deny ignorance in the manner described on the homepage of this site… and it is my hope that others will join me to do the same.

Let the past be the past.

Together, we have a bright future...if we work for it.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by loam]

Edit To Fix BBCode

[edit on 2-6-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

With that in mind, I'd like to publicly acknowledge my renewed commitment to deny ignorance in the manner described on the homepage of this site… and it is my hope that others will join me to do the same.

I'd love to loam.

Unfortunately when I'm doing it on recent threads I just find myself smashing my head up a brick wall.

Still, I'll keep trying

new topics

join