It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sure that plugs breed and fill all the sockets with their hateful little babies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wires, wires everywhere this is getting on my nerves.

The other day I rearranged my home office area, it's a small room and it has two plug sockets, so both of them have extension blocks in them for:
The printer
The monitor
The PC
The speakers
The wireless keyboard and mouse arrangment
The lamp
The camera charger
The video camera charger
The wireless wotsit
The guitar amp (I have all the musical talent of the dusty ironing board)
and I also use this room to do my ironing (Once in a blue moon) so the iron is on the side along with the hair clippers that need charging.

And that is not even including all the other wires that are down the back of the desk to connect all this junk from one thing to the other. I like to be tidy, not OCD clean or anything like that, but tidy.

It's about time that someone invented a new way of doing all of this, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night thinking that all the little plugs are having some pluggy action and the friction is going to burn my house down.

It's not going to be long before you will need a degree in electrical engineering just to plug a new item in to your own house.

What are all these superbrains at NASA etc etc doing all the dammm day...

Any ideas anyone?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I Googled up a little something for you:

cableorganizer.com...

Surely there must be some company in Hong Kong that makes this sort of thing.

I just input "cord caddy" as keywords.

When I used "cord organizer" I got stuff like this:

www.rockler.com...

www.wiremold.com...

Just ask the Google Queen, I am here to help.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Cheers MM

For the wires I have lots of nice cable ties...

It's the plugs!! Do we really still in this day and age nees so damm many of them.

Surely there is a better way!!

(and no "Stop calling my shirly" jokes)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not a thing I know of to eliminate the plugs, sorry. You'll just have to invent something and become wildly rich bwahahahahaha.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I know exactly what your going through ChiKeyMonKey. For me it's not just plugs I can identify but things i have no clue are. I have a drawer of wires that have plugs that go to something or did anyway and don't seem to know what they do. I think in that drawer they get together and have a plug party.

Seriously though, the only think i can suggest is surge protectors... they take one outlet and you can plug all your plugs in at once. That's the only thing I can think of making this any easier. course that's more plugs...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wireless is coming. Then we can use power cords to hold up our jeans.

:w: mojo

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Now that would be wonderful. Everything functioning on wireless connection to the outlet. I can't wait... so how many hundreds of years will it be before we hit that marvel?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
Now that would be wonderful. Everything functioning on wireless connection to the outlet. I can't wait... so how many hundreds of years will it be before we hit that marvel?

They are able to do it now in a laboratory setting, 5 - 10 years for the first commercial uses to become viable would be my guess. I'll see if i can find a link for you, in fact i think there is a thread on it in the science forum.

mojo

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Mojo that would be great if you can find a link. I would love that concept... that way we can take the multiplying cords and use them for other tasks... maybe I can weave a rug with them? lol

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here ya go,

scientists invent wireless electicity beaming

Just like Jimbo from the Simpsons we can use those pesky coeds to hold up our pants.

mojo

(i saw the spelling error i made with coeds instead of cords but thought it was too funny to fix)

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I like that table that you put yer electronics on that recharges them, and the wireless thing would be great as long as your no where near yer shower lol \

Steam + Wireless electricity = New hair style.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I should be okay then, in a few years time i doubt whether i'll have any hair left.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Wireless is coming. Then we can use power cords to hold up our jeans.

:w: mojo

wooo hooo I have a router and so my laptop is completely wireless!!

fantastic stuff. Can't wait to see how far the wireless goes!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Chikey Monkey, you're obviously a soldier against the artificial intelligence the Archon's are utilizing to oppress us.

Vote wifi.

top topics

join