It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: Z1 visa costs unconstitutional.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_115530
Thought people would want to know about this. Did you know there is a provision that limits the cost of an American citizenship to $10?

Take a look at this.

Article 1 Section 9.
The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each person.

It would seem to me the costs of a Z1 visa is unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, if they would have gone through the due process of becoming and American citizen, that is all they would have paid. But since they decided to break the rules in that regard, why shouldn't the government charge them more? After all, they have been living tax free while taking advantage of all of the services paid for by legitimate tax-paying citizens, seriously undermining what has been budgeted for those truly deserving of those services.

So get out of there with your "unconstitutional" crap. By refusing to enter this country legally they forfeit the same rights afforded to those that follow the proper channels. I should know, I am one who has.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
sorry my friend but it would require a boring Con Law lesson just to say that this isn't unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

That part of the constitution has to do with the amount that must be payed to the government for the privilege of importing a single slave into the US. It states that the amount of the slave-tax must not exceed $10 per slave.

This provision in the US Constitution allowing the government to tax the international slave trade also makes it clear that the right to own slaves could not even be infringed upon legally until the year 1808.

Jon

new topics

top topics

join