It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV kidney competition was a hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

TV kidney competition was a hoax

news.bbc.co.uk

A Dutch TV contest which purported to show a dying woman choose a patient to receive her kidneys was a hoax.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well an intresting spin to the show indeed. Notice how the education minister hails it a great stunt?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not exactly sure how to feel on this one. The people on the show that acted as contestants actually need kidney's, but apparently new it was a hoax. So i guess no one got hurt? I guess thats one good thing...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I can see where he's coming from. I don't agree that they did this, but at least they let the three know that there really wasn't a kidney coming. Organ donation is a HUGE problem around the world.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I can see where he's coming from. I don't agree that they did this, but at least they let the three know that there really wasn't a kidney coming. Organ donation is a HUGE problem around the world.

They do not help themselves however by bumping celebs like Larry Hagman and David Crosby to the top of the lists etc.

No matter what the intent this whole exersize was disgusting.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh I completely agree that it was disgusting, I was just saying that I can understand where the Minister was coming from.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
When i originally heard about this show i couldn't believe it. I felt so bad for the contestants, not getting a kidney because someone likes somebody else better. Suffering the humiliation on TV etc...

Now that i hear it is a hoax, i am happy... i think it was a great thing that happened. It raised awareness of organ donations... hopefully this raised awareness means more people donate.

I also read somewhere (have been trying frantically to find it again), that the networks founder died 5 years ago waiting for a kidney... so it is close to the networks heart to increase awareness.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yes i also saw it on television that the network founder had needed a kidney so thats why they did create the show, to increase pulic awareness on this matter.

I still somehow think that maybe at the last moment after all that public pressure they just changed how the show should end. I mean think about it; the Dutch brought us Bigbrother so why not Bigkidney?

I really did think that this was the real deal at first and was quit shocked myself.

top topics

join