It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanese Army storms Palestinian Camp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I am not speaking of money, i am speaking of the many food products, clothing and medicines that we GIVE not LOAN. There is a big difference. I dont see Iran doing anything like this no?

Well, duh.... Their GDP is but a fraction of the US or EU, the two big aid donors.

They do, however, render aid where possible. But that's like having a go at Guinea-Basau because they don't give enough aid.. Honestly....

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Im not suggesting that Iran be attacked because they dont give enough aid LOL. Im trying to illustrate that the Iranian gov't is not nearly as "wholesome" and "great" as so many on here think while thinking the US is just a horrible country. I dont see the Iranians doing anything about world hunger and sickness. Heck they dont even treat their own citizens fairly so why would one think they would do anything for anyone else? The US on the other hand.........

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Im not suggesting that Iran be attacked because they dont give enough aid LOL. Im trying to illustrate that the Iranian gov't is not nearly as "wholesome" and "great" as so many on here think while thinking the US is just a horrible country. I dont see the Iranians doing anything about world hunger and sickness. Heck they dont even treat their own citizens fairly so why would one think they would do anything for anyone else? The US on the other hand.........

There are alot of troubles in Iran, especially with regards to womens rights. However, I would not claim that they were not treated as "fairly" in comparison to America. What would you constitute as fair? Iran has problems, which everyone can see. It however does have stability, unlike many countries in the region, and its foriegn policy is necessary. America on the other hand, hides its problems under a mask of Freedom.
And in regard to World Aid and America: Is it so charitable if they caused the need for aid in the first place?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There are alot of troubles in Iran, especially with regards to womens rights. However, I would not claim that they were not treated as "fairly" in comparison to America. What would you constitute as fair? Iran has problems, which everyone can see. It however does have stability, unlike many countries in the region, and its foriegn policy is necessary. America on the other hand, hides its problems under a mask of Freedom.
And in regard to World Aid and America: Is it so charitable if they caused the need for aid in the first place?

What would i constitute as fair? Ummmm...for starters...how about having the ability to even have this conversation right now? You think this would happen in Iran? Question the government or actions? Free internet use? Speaking your "true" opinion?

What the hell do you think? Please, next time think before you ask that question.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

What would i constitute as fair? Ummmm...for starters...how about having the ability to even have this conversation right now? You think this would happen in Iran? Question the government or actions? Free internet use? Speaking your "true" opinion?

What the hell do you think? Please, next time think before you ask that question.

The internet may be censored, I don't know the specifics, but they can protest freely, that much I know. They are a strange lot, those Iranians. On the one hand, being hard core Muslims, but on the other, there is a surprising amoutn of free speech and "democracy"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join