It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man VS Wild New episodes in June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Whoohoo new episodes starting on June 15/07.
I know some people do not like him as much as Les but he still kicks butt.
Link

JbT

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hes got a nice resume.

Ill watch that show for sure.

Sure, Les may have started it, but hell, not like he the only one who could have one of those shows. Cant wait to see it.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
did anyone watch the video clip on that link>
hes a pisshead.
wild stuff
I met Les, he is not a pisshead.
He went to the desert on his new show for the coming season.
He left a day early
refusing to piss on his head wrap like that dude.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by junglelord]

JbT

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yea, I saw that. I think, he could have got to the outcrop under his own power without pissing on his head wrap.... But, I think what he was doing was showing people what they 'can' do, if needed.

This guy has climbed mountain that Hillary said were "Unclimbable". Climbed Everest and crossed the Atlantic Ocean in a small, open boat. He could do what most couldnt in that desert, surly.

But like I said, I think he was showing the crowd a technique that can be used, if needed.

But, Ive never seen the show, so Im only going by what I read on the site.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by JbT]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
did you see him drink the fluid from elephant dung?
YUMMY

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The thing is, Survivor man was real. He was a regular guy who showed you how regular guys can survive in the wild.

Bear is completely nuts, and he's gonna get someone killed.

For example, where there is a sheer cliff side that leads to a safe camping area, Les would say "It may take a while, but I need to get up there, so I'll walk the long way around, and make it there safely"

Bear: "I'm going to climb this cliff side. It shouldn't be too hard as there are some good foot and hand holds. I could walk around, but I don't have the time."

So, the random man caught in the wild might take Bear's advice, climb the cliffside, and fall to his death 3/4 of the way up.

Survivor Man all the way baby.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The thing is, Survivor man was real. He was a regular guy who showed you how regular guys can survive in the wild.

Bear is completely nuts, and he's gonna get someone killed.

For example, where there is a sheer cliff side that leads to a safe camping area, Les would say "It may take a while, but I need to get up there, so I'll walk the long way around, and make it there safely"

Bear: "I'm going to climb this cliff side. It shouldn't be too hard as there are some good foot and hand holds. I could walk around, but I don't have the time."

So, the random man caught in the wild might take Bear's advice, climb the cliffside, and fall to his death 3/4 of the way up.

Survivor Man all the way baby.

Lmao!
So very true.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
well i like them both! i mean duh i wouldnt do everything bear does hes a professional and has a lot of experience. but some of the stuff would seriously come in handy for non experienced..like the peeing on the headress i never knew that!!
and the quicksand tip ahha

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I like them both too. I just think that Survivor Man is more real.

I do think Survivor Man was also more hardcore in his own way though. Bear gets a full camera crew to follow him around, which means he can afford to do crazy stuff. Les had to carry a freakin bin full of camera equipment. It's pretty tough to do much with all of that extra weight.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I like both of em also, but i'm gonna have to say i like Les alot better than Bear. The no camera crew gives Les the edge, he does double duty lugging the cameras around, positioning them, and then getting a shot of what he just did, again. Bear is awesome though, seems like he goes to a little more exotic locations.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i love bear, he's crazy lol. i seen survivorman a few times but never really got into it. i think bear jus brings two cameramen with him, thats no big deal to me. but bear rocks though

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
hold on wait bear is going to go kill that alligator skin it make boots out of it so the crazy parasites in the river dont eat him. hes also going to take the stomach and inflate it with air for a raft. that man is crazy.

Ok in seriousness i like les better because he simulates actual situations. Like when he took the snowmobile out with 2 other people. he was blindfolded and they ran it out of gas. the 2 left on the other one and he had to wait. he then could strip down th snowmobile. or the time they brought in plane wreckage he tore that downa nd used it. i mean yea bear shows that with nothing you can survive. but how many times are you going to be stranded out in the middle of the artic with out anything. i would say probably most of the time your going to have a snowmobile or somthing you can use parts from. but ill give it to bear he's crazy. "here i got a snake. i just picked it up and now ill swim acorss the river with it around my neck. ill swing it now holding on to the tail smashing its head agianst a rock killing it instantly and gettin dinner. also les doesnt always have the same fire tool. bear does

one other thing i got confused about. Bear said spanish moss is a bad choice for tinder because of a bunch of jiggers and "creepy crawlys" are in it always. but les took some just fine he said you should use it whenevr possiable for starting a fire.... wow i hope that isnt life and death for me one day lol

my verdict les

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I was watching Survivor Man before I saw Man vs. Wild, but I prefer Bear much more at this point. I watch the show every Friday Night (at some point) as much for the scenery as the information. I've also managed to retain a lot of the things i've learned from the show, and while I may not be willing to drink the juice from a pile of Elephant dung, I do know that the dragonsblood tree in Ecuador has a red sap that you should put on an open wound or cut to heal it. I know where to look for cerain types of dry tinder if i need to start a fire.

Survivor Man seems to be a bit more hesitant. I watched his show today and he was adrift off the coast of Belize. At one point he got on the boat to talk to everyone, which totally takes away from his isolated experience up to that point. Although, he tends to give you a normal person point of view, he kinda complains a lot. But he did teach me how to boil water in a plastic bottle.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
hey guys update on bear.... maybe hes not who he seems??

Is Bear who we think he is?

Its an aol link so i dont know if it will work for all?
But it basically says hes been reported to stay in hotels and have breakfest in dinners during the time hes supposed to be out

Also another link is a les interview. he comments on bear's allegations.

Les talk

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Interesting article. While it does take a little away from the realism they attempt to put forth between takes, i dont think it threatens the overall show. At the end of the day, the methods and strategies he demostrates could very well save your life one day. I guess that's why I like it.

top topics

join