It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped BBC reporter's wierd message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wonder what other folk think of this. BBC correspondent Alan Johnson went missing in Gaza on 12th March. There's been no sign of him since. Now apparently a video of him has been found on the Ekhlaas web-site. He mentions the failed invasion of Iraq and the troubles caused by the Brits in Afghanistan, as well as the troubles of the Palestinians caused by Israel. However, at the end he supposedly starts a message to his family but then it's cut off and message appears on screen in English saying: "BBC refused to take this message to his family". Could it be true that the BBC or some other UK authority, has had access to this film and have held onto it for a while for some reason? Could it be that the message was sent to his family already and it was blocked from getting there? There are a couple of little bits in the film too that make it look like it's been cut, it makes me wonder what else he said that folk don't want us to know about. Sorry I can't seem to get the link into this message but the story's on the BBc News website and you can view the video too.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
No-one interested in talking about this then?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
hey i'll take a look at it let me find the link first.

edit: they must have removed that part from the video i saw. however i looked at the transcript at

news.bbc.co.uk...

and it was included.

To my family, my family... [audio cuts off abruptly].

[An on-screen caption says: "BBC refused to take this message to his family."]

i don't know. its kind of ridiculous, that some guy up top knows but his family doesn't. im sure it will surface as someone who saw/took the original may leak it. only legit reason i can think of is if he says they will kill me in a few days, they might not want his family to lose hope. thats about all i can think of.

[edit on 3-6-2007 by DollyDagger]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just saw the video on CNN. They say that the text about BBC refusing to deliver that message to the family was on the video when broadcast on the internet and put there by the kidnappers. Just a bad attempt at psyops by them I suppose.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Theres talk that Alan Johnson will be realesed today,

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If the bbc blocked it, what's to stop the kidnappers from releasing the full version on the web?

Nah, it's a trick.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Definitely a failed tactic to make the BBC look bad. I mean, perhaps this is just semantics, but the lack of a 'The' in front of the 'BBC refused...' kind of sounds odd in the first place.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Something smelt odd about this whole thing from the very beginning, but i am not going to draw any conclusions, because i don't know enough about it all.

IMO there is an element of psyops going on with this kidnapping, given the rise in tensions in Gaza and the West Bank of late, and also Fatah claiming they will get the guy released.

I don know, something aint right about it, thats for sure. But i still hope the man is returned safely to his family.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That just doesn't seem right. I think this could be a very big deal. I can't believe nobody has responded. Anyway, what are your thoughts on the situation?

Could it be he knew something we are not supposed to know as the general public? Or is there a message? I'm very interested, let me know if you find anything else out about this.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well new info today,

theres now threatning to kill him,

Militants holding the BBC Journalist Alan Johnson in Gaza have threatened to kill him.
Members of the Army of Islam said they would take his life unless their demands were met.

Alan Johnston has been held for 97 daysThey also denied reaching a deal with the Palestinian group Hamas for his imminent release.

The death threat came in a video released to the arabic TV news channel Al Jazeera

news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
That just doesn't seem right. I think this could be a very big deal. I can't believe nobody has responded. Anyway, what are your thoughts on the situation?

Could it be he knew something we are not supposed to know as the general public? Or is there a message? I'm very interested, let me know if you find anything else out about this.

How do you infer all that from the film? Do you think they cut a bit from the film because it unveiled too much of their secret special powers? and they thought it might look too suspicious to have a cut in the film? so they concocted this BBC story to cover it?

BWAHAHAHHAH!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Im not going to say what i think as i hate being negative. But i would imagine having a video collection of Alan saying different thing's Could be more powerfull than any weapon.

Fingers crossed for Alan and his familly.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I reckon he gave a message to his family, that the kidnappers thought might be a veiled clue. So they cut it. Maybe it was like Capricorn One.

"Let's go to Yellowstone park again."

Maybe he's on the moon!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
He's been released so I suppose we'll know soon what the video was all about. He's one lucky fellow.

top topics

join