It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neurological Problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I wonder...To those that feel they have awakened, spiritually...Have you ever been diagnosed with mysterious neurological problems?

Several years ago, I noticed that over a period of 3 days, I was having trouble speaking properly, walking into walls and doorframes like my sense of centre was off, experiencing general weakness on my right side and even having trouble holding a pencil and writing. I chalked it up to being tired, and being young and in good health I never suspected anything like a stroke.

A few days later, I suddenly lost the ability to speak. I could not speak without great difficulty, so I went to the hospital. I was only seen about 10 hours later, and by then these "symptoms" as I came to call them, had largely gone away. I was seen by a doctor who said it could be any number of things and reffered me to a Multiple Sclerosis doctor as he was best for dealing with the type of symptoms I had.

About a week after these symptoms had passed, the left side of my face went numb and felt tingly. I went back to the doctor, which conviniently was around the time my MRI results had come back. He showed me I had a large spot on my brain, which he said was an inflammation. It accounted for all my symptoms, including the facial numbness. Again, he said it was difficult to tell what it could be because it could be any number of things, but in his opinion it was most likely the early stages of Multiple Sclerosis.

The next 6 months was basically on again off again weekly periods of a random body part going numb and tingly. I continued to see my doctor, continued to have MRIs done, and everything stayed pretty much the same. Except that now, my ears began ringing on top of everything.

By the end of 6 months, the symptoms had stopped, and everything went back to normal, save for the ear ringing which I still have today. I spoke with my doctor and he said that the spot on my brain has been shrinking, and likely was gone by then. I asked him about a diagnosis and he said that frankly, he doubted his initial thought of MS because it was unlike any case he had ever seen before.

This was several years ago. I have not had any more "symptoms" since then. However, the end of the symptoms brought about what I feel was my spiritual awakening.

So my question is this. To those who feel spiritual, have you had any similar neurological problems that coincided with your awakening? I've always wondered if this strange period in my life was connected to my sudden spiritual awakening...

new topics

join