It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Was Scott Ritter Right All Along?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Scott Ritter was a UN Weapons Inspector from 1991-98. He was one of the most outspoken critics of the Blair's and Bush administrations claims of Iraqi Weapon's of Mass Destruction. He was ridiculed in the press for his comments. But after no Weapons were found we have to ask ourselves.... was Scott Ritter right all along?

"Scott Ritter: The search for Iraqi WMD has become a public joke. But I, for one, am not laughing"

argument.independent.co.uk...

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. These countries all seek or have WMD. Saddam had plenty of time to get rid of everything and put a torch to what remained as evidence. Not saying the arsenal was big, but probablly existed (especially checmical and biological), after all CIA helped him obtain and create it decades ago. Most was destroyed after Gulf War1 but Im sure nowhere near all, as we never occupied. The inspectors were a joke and never got close to real hidding spots deep in the desert holes. Before Gulf 2 began It makes sense he either destroyed or transported WMD elsewhere. Syria? Al Queda?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Before the retirement of Mr. Ritter from UNSCOM, Mr. Ritter, on numerous and multiple occasions stated, for the official record, that Saddam and Iraq had WMD and had the capabilities and means to continue its chemical and biological programs. He even stated that Iraq/Saddam had everything to build a nuclear device but the enriched uranium.

Now, either Mr. Ritter is a psychopathic liar, or he is "bought".

The man is not a credible source and his being "funded" $400,000 to make a documentery, by an Iraqi business man who had very close ties to Saddam, and among other things, makes him far from being a credible source.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
How about the fact that No WMD were ever found in Iraq. He may be "bought" as you say, but that doesnt mean he was wrong. NO WMD have been found in Iraq. Which means that Bush lied about the threat that Iraq presented to the United States.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
not to mention his (Ritter's) penchant for underage girls.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
"NO WMD have been found in Iraq"

You mean, not in suffecient quantities to be "proclaimed" as a satisfactory and approved WMD find?
Or do you mean......"NO WMD" YET?

The jury is still out on this Ocelot and to be honest, till the US removes its forces and trops from Iraq, the jury will remian out on those WMD and Bush being a liar.
In either case, the "mysterious" re-posturing and re-canting of Mr. Ritter makes him to be proven a lie.
He has yet to give credible answer as to why he has changed his stance to Iraq/Saddam "having" to "having not", and to now stating "The search for Iraqi WMD has become a public joke. But I, for one, am not laughing"

BTW, if I was him, I would not be laughing after knowingly proclaiming otherwise in 1998 (?). Actually, the "laughs" are on him.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"NO WMD have been found in Iraq"

You mean, not in suffecient quantities to be "proclaimed" as a satisfactory and approved WMD find?
Or do you mean......"NO WMD" YET?

The jury is still out on this Ocelot and to be honest, till the US removes its forces and trops from Iraq, the jury will remian out on those WMD and Bush being a liar.
In either case, the "mysterious" re-posturing and re-canting of Mr. Ritter makes him to be proven a lie.
He has yet to give credible answer as to why he has changed his stance to Iraq/Saddam "having" to "having not", and to now stating "The search for Iraqi WMD has become a public joke. But I, for one, am not laughing"

BTW, if I was him, I would not be laughing after knowingly proclaiming otherwise in 1998 (?). Actually, the "laughs" are on him.

regards
seekerof

Well you do make some good points. But I still remain convinced that Bush lied about the whole WMD issue.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ocelot....despite our butting heads and such, I will always respect what others feel and think.
I respect your opinion and feelings also.

regards
seekerof

top topics

join