It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Threat of Nukes on American Soil?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thank you Reality Hurts... You have pretty much slammed this one down like a warm Guinness...

But since we are looking at cars causing fatalities I think we really need to ban the wheel.. That way cars cannot go to fast if they are driving on Octagons and nobody will get killed.

I always love how the anti-US rhetoric spewed out completely ignores the fact that it takes AT LEAST 2-parties to have a war. Innocents will always be a casaulty in war and to date ONLY the USA has been working on ways to avoid the unfortunate "Collateral damage" associated with war...

Laser guided munitions... Dial-a-yield bombs (Both in the theory of nuclear and in conventional weapons)... USA specializes in Less-Then-Lethal equipment and tactics moreso then probably every country on Earth other then Britain and France.. (France just surrenders
(
and Britain tactics I am not 100% on but they are a nice-ally to have so I assume we have similiar tactics)

So... Before screaming "America is ebil" go ahead and at LEAST crack open a book to find out what atrocities were commited by who and not just listen to the one-side propaganda machine that does nothing but run around trying to hump anyone's leg if they say they watched an atrocity... (Like what happend to Kerry in his "tour" of Vietnam)

[edit on 1-6-2007 by AbitTweaked]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sobolwolf
I am sure you would agree that the US has attributed, in one way or another to many, many VIOLENT deaths in the past century.

Then give credit where it is truly due.

The absolute and complete failure of European colonialization, diplomacy, attempts toward appeasement and Asia’s history which created the miserable state of current world affairs….the US was once quite content being isolationist.

Originally posted by RedDragon
I just recalculated my stats from death tolls in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq, and over the past 50 years, the American military has brutally killed (with bombs, napalm, and guns) 6,600,000 people across the world.

Korea was a UN action, Vietnam began as a France’s utter failure (not that China or the Soviets had any involvement), Afghanistan has more than one claim to wars and Iraq was engaged the first time because...?

So, take that highly focused finger and put it where it belongs…and mention some other real numbers:

20,000,000 deaths under Stalin’s regime
9,000,000 from the Russian Civil War
15,000,000 in WWI
55,000,000 in WWII
Mao’s little 40,000,000 from purges and forced labor camps

Of course not forgetting Tibet, Rwanda, Sudan, Yugoslavia, the Nanking Massacre, Manchukuo on and on and on and on and on and on…

mg

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have no idea what the subject is really about. You are asking a question and instead you make a statement about American atrocities and the possiblities of terrorists nuking America, you try to make it look like it would pale in comparison to America's involvement that supposedly killedd all those people.
Sounds like you are trying to justify what terrorists would do, and to make sure America never retaliates.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I have no idea what the subject is really about. You are asking a question and instead you make a statement about American atrocities and the possiblities of terrorists nuking America, you try to make it look like it would pale in comparison to America's involvement that supposedly killedd all those people.
Sounds like you are trying to justify what terrorists would do, and to make sure America never retaliates.

Look at my last post on page 1. The OP isn't interested in anything but drawing attention to his biased misinformed diatribes. I posted links to his other threads, which are just like this one.

The US is NOT perfect. Not by a long shot. But to try to vilify the US for all the deaths and ills of the world is pure fantasy.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbitTweaked
Thank you Reality Hurts... You have pretty much slammed this one down like a warm Guinness...

But since we are looking at cars causing fatalities I think we really need to ban the wheel.. That way cars cannot go to fast if they are driving on Octagons and nobody will get killed.

I always love how the anti-US rhetoric spewed out completely ignores the fact that it takes AT LEAST 2-parties to have a war. Innocents will always be a casaulty in war and to date ONLY the USA has been working on ways to avoid the unfortunate "Collateral damage" associated with war...

Laser guided munitions... Dial-a-yield bombs (Both in the theory of nuclear and in conventional weapons)... USA specializes in Less-Then-Lethal equipment and tactics moreso then probably every country on Earth other then Britain and France.. (France just surrenders
(
and Britain tactics I am not 100% on but they are a nice-ally to have so I assume we have similiar tactics)

So... Before screaming "America is ebil" go ahead and at LEAST crack open a book to find out what atrocities were commited by who and not just listen to the one-side propaganda machine that does nothing but run around trying to hump anyone's leg if they say they watched an atrocity... (Like what happend to Kerry in his "tour" of Vietnam)

What did you just say?

You just said lots of random things then went to a semi-unrelated conclusion.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

To show that even if we somehow got nuked 20 times, it still wouldn't do 1/3 the amount of damage we've dealt out to the rest of the world. We're a bigger threat to the world than terrorism has ever been or could possibly be to us.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

Look at my last post on page 1. The OP isn't interested in anything but drawing attention to his biased misinformed diatribes. I posted links to his other threads, which are just like this one.

The US is NOT perfect. Not by a long shot. But to try to vilify the US for all the deaths and ills of the world is pure fantasy.

You missed my other threads that had nothing to do with the U.S.

And you're also way exxaggerating my claim.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbitTweaked
I always love how the anti-US rhetoric spewed out completely ignores the fact that it takes AT LEAST 2-parties to have a war.

That makes no sense, that's like someone coming into your house and killing you and me saying it takes two people to have a altercation and trying to pin the blame with you.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the us being hit with a nuclear weapon is a real possibility espescially with our current state at the border but you calculations are way off ((im going to ignore the america is the devil speech altogether)) it depends on what kind of nuke they have if its home made itll propably be more like a dirty bomb relying on radiation as a killing tool...and ide estimate that espescially with how crowded our major cities are it would atleast injure close to 700,000 ppl if they buy it from the russian mafia meaning its ex-soviet it would be stronger than the one we dropped on hiroshima but maybe not cleaner considering it propably hasnt been through maintenance the death toll would propably closer 1,300,000 now lets say its a stolen american or jewish bomb....i dont even want to think about this possibility but it would be too many....hell one person killed by terrorism in my opinion is too mant but hopefully the cia or fbi or somone well be able to stop them

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
While we are passing around numbers - what is the relevance of 1,320?

It is the number of nuclear weapons detonated by the US.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan\
You’ve GOT to be kidding! How many people have deer killed in the past 50 years?

I don't know about the last 50 years, but here's what I found real quick:
Deer Killing in Iowa

In 2003, 10 Iowa motorists died in deer crashes, including four motorcyclists.

More Deer Killings

Let us not forget that more people are hurt and killed by deer than by any other species of North American wild game.

Even on Fox News!

More people are killed by deer in Florida than alligators.

Very, very dangerous, those deer.
Don't turn your back on them.

Maybe we should send the deer after the terrorists!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
You missed my other threads that had nothing to do with the U.S.

And you're also way exxaggerating my claim.

I did not miss them and anyone who wants to can look them up. I used some of them to illustrate the point.

And I am most certainly NOT exaggerating any claims of yours, in fact I quoted you directly.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Reality Hurts]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Very, very dangerous, those deer.
Don't turn your back on them.

Maybe we should send the deer after the terrorists!

Isnt blaming deer for deaths from wrecks like blaming the concrete for killing people who jump off buildings or a bird for killing people who die in a plane crash?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Isnt blaming deer for deaths from wrecks like blaming the concrete for killing people who jump off buildings or a bird for killing people who die in a plane crash?

Absolutely.
It makes as much sense as the OP, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wow deer compared to terrorists!

This thinking can be contributed to the baby/bathtub thing!
more babies die in bathtubs each year than.......etc etc!

We cant eliminate everything that kills people!!

But back to the deer thing, I do my part to rid the world of these evil human killers every fall (2 last year), and damn it, if I see a terrorist in the woods this fall I'll be sure to do the same!!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is all rather silly isn't it? I've never known aspects of life to be so easily labeled by numbers.

Some food for thought, Terrorists intentionally plot and plan to kill innocent people, I'll say it again, they intentionally plot and plan to kill innocent people.

People that die by a car or a deer are accidents....thats right, thier deaths are accidents, not intentional.

There is a world of difference here.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
im still having trouble getting past 6.6 million dead would be more than 20 major nuclear strikes.

20 major nuclear strikes would kill BILLIONS of people worldwide.

JUST the death toll from NY or LA would be more than 6.6 million.

the good news is i want you to calculate (and pay) my paycheck. ill work for minimum wage and you can pay me 26 million dollars.

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by activeSeven
This is all rather silly isn't it?

Yes, it is.

People that die by a car or a deer are accidents....thats right, thier deaths are accidents, not intentional.

I do hope y'all aren't taking this deer thing seriously. I was showing the idiocy of the original concept that "deer are more dangerous then terrorists". Most deer-related deaths are accidental, obviously.

But not all of them...
SoCal man dies of injuries suffered in deer attack
Three Injured In Deer Attack On SIU's Carbondale Campus

...and who can forget this deer attack caught on film.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I guess the 130 million plus deaths due to Marxism . . . were

Hollyweed makebelieve? Not to be counted so as not to upset Shrillery?

I wouldn't call the USA totally innocent--especially the puppet masters staging wars for their various evil reasons and using the USA military as tools.

But blaming Pol Pot on us is an outrageous unfactual stretch.

I wonder how much of that history you are even accurately aware of.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is a precinct in one area of Los Angeles

wherein gang wars and violent crime have resulted in more deaths

PER YEAR

than (until recently) were US killed troops in the WHOLE of the Iraq war.

Where's the outrage over that?

Where's the outrage of the 30 million infanticide deaths in the USA?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join