It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE AMERICAN MEDIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
MY 2CENTS ON THE AMERICAN MEDIA

I don't understand why people keep going to the American Media for propaganda information. This is coming from the media that spends 10minutes on the Iraq war, 10minutes on Michael Jackson, 10minutes on the next big court case, while ignoring every other problem in America, and ignoring any controversy surrounding the president.

THE AMERICAN MEDIA IS A JOKE PERIOD! We must realize they aren't going to change, so lets all stop waiting for a miracle and boycott their asses. If the media actually did their job to report to the truth I can guarantee Bush wouldn't be in office....As a matter a fact, Bush and his cronies would all be locked up behind bars as we speak!

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

David Rockefeller, Baden-Baden, Germany 1991

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
most of the americans that come here reilize that..

I just wish that there was a way to informe the mass public... Our news makes us look stupid and be stupid.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
They report what gets ratings, if we stop watching, maybe they'll go back to the basics and seek out and report the truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ya, all they care about are ratings, whatever pulls the money in. Another form of corruption.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The news media has to reach the masses, the lowest common denominator.

Its the same with political speechs. Many politicians that I have worked with actually are pretty intelligent. However their speeches and political campaigns make them look like idiots. However if they talked with intelligence, few would be able to follow.

As far as reporting the truth, there is much that the average person should not know. For example, grab a Physicians Desk Reference, give it to a patient with a headache, give them an Rx. Give them 2 days to come back in with severe symptoms of a wierd side effect, only seen in members of the opposite sex, but mentioned in the PDR in technical terms.

On a more contemporary note, there is little data on Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease and its relationship to eating wild game. Could it occur, possibly, will it occur, very unlikely, should a hunter have to sort through tons of ovid data before getting a license? absolutely not. Should the news media report a possible collaborating study in an obscure journal, probably not.

Now if the hunters friend dies a horrible death, and it is due to the extremely unlikly 1:100000000 chance, should he hunter know the details?

With the low probability, it is probably utterly impossible to link the incident anyhow.

However, if the hunter knew all of the details and blamed himself, he would have to deal with an insane amount of guilt for no reason. Thus he is better off not knowing.

Of course, if the probability is in the 1;10 chance, then everyone should know.

Just another point of view

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We've heard a lot recently about a LOT of people turning to "alternative media" for their news. I personally refuse to watch network (n'tl and local) news, cancelled my subscription to the local paper, and would rather use most news magazines as toilet paper than reading material.

Ok, to the point. I've started pointing out to everyone I regularly converse with the idiocy and POWER of the news. Do this in a non-conspiritorial way, and you have a much better chance of convincing people. (I do this over time, or after an issue is NOT covered that affects that person directl)

Point out the fluff pieces that effect a handful of people, while major issues that effect entire neighborhoods (or cities or countries or regions) are uncovered. Point out the amount of time devoted X irrelivent issue. Show how the STUPID comments/questions reports come up with on the fly end up BECOMING the news - the talking point for both the reporters AND the politician/person being covered.

Take this to the next level (eventually) - illustrate how powerful these editorial decisions really are. And expose them to alternate media sometime (maybe not ats, but something).

People ARE looking for alternate information. They distrust the media conglomerates, dislike the attitudes and beliefs fostered by them, and are beginning to recognize elite's influence on their lives.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think that the news has been made obsolete by the internet. Just go to the source. Read, then decide for youself fact or spin. I,personally, couldn't live without Google.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here is a very good article to read about this:

www.globalissues.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I,personally, couldn't live without Google.

google references and index's sites that have been viewed by the majority - so in fact using google as a reliable source of information gathering is almost just as restrictive and limiting as traditional media.

top topics

join