It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple police report UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
UFO documentary featuring multiple police officers reporting UFOs over Illinois in 2000.

Google Video Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Haven't checked out the link yet, but it always amuses regarding police reports of UFOs, because the last one I reviewed, which was credible, they chased the bloody thing through three or four different counties! The radio traffic was amusing. It would let them get so close before hovering away. Reminded me of the one my friend kept seeing in town, although the lights were a different color. Thanks for sharing!

[edit on 19-11-2007 by eaurouge]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I saw this before and always wondered if it was a military version of the Aeroscraft , a heavier-than-air vehicle.

science.howstuffworks.com...

express.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

Ziltoid, thanks for the reply (nice avatar!)
I think most of the police officers and residents agree that they witnessed a 'huge V shaped object' so, although your explanation sounds feasible, it may not address all the reported facts of the case - interesting speculation though.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Here's a link to a case study on this incident. Looks like it uses the same elements as in the the video.

dbarkertv.com...

It's a very interesting story indeed.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
OP, very interesting. It is hard to argue with the apparent fact that something was seen and reported. There will always be the speculation that it was a secret government aircraft, but it seems that is fairly thin. All of these varied reports can't be of just one or two prototypes.

But whatever it is, this is one of the better reported pieces, and should be the single item used to show people who say that all UFO sightings are just"made up" events by people wanting attention.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by eaurouge

Earouge, thanks for the reply -the incident your describing does sound a lot like this one (unless they occur a lot)
This is an interesting case because eyewitness testimony was taken from several separately located people -some of them being police officers who are highly experienced in reporting what they see.

I suppose the important thing, as always, is to attempt to identify the object - the witnesses seem to be convinced that what they saw was 'extraordinary' in nature so who knows?

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
Here's a link to a case study on this incident. Looks like it uses the same elements as in the the video.

dbarkertv.com...

It's a very interesting story indeed.

Photon effect. thanks for the link -the sheer number of government agencies that have (discreetly) investigated the case is very interesting - perhaps they know as little as us.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

A good link, thanks. I actually get more out of a written account than I do any other medium. Also, here there are updates.

"Key eyewitness Ed Barton of the Labanon, Illinois police department died in January 2004".

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
But whatever it is, this is one of the better reported pieces, and should be the single item used to show people who say that all UFO sightings are just"made up" events by people wanting attention.

Couldn´t agree more matey

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Oh, yeah; that Illinois UFO incident. For a while I was concerned it was after me

more info

take this along with the O'Hare incident, Illinois seems to be of particular interest to whoever/whatever they are.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Reject, nice pic (and great link too).

Illinois and Ohio do appear to have far more than their fair share of very puzzling UFO incidents.

Cheers.

top topics

join