It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS mods...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ats mods are nothing but power hungry. Censoring people who freely express themselves. I'm sick of it.

Comments?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well ... I was in chat when you were kicked, and the reason given was because you were speaking of things illegal.

Sorry to say, it's their site, and their rules and if you want to play here, you have to play by the rules of them that are in command.

I know, I know, now you want to me.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It clearly states "2b.) HaXor: You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distrubuting viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems"

When in chat did I "share or distribute a virus, license, crack, etc? I didn't send anyone a link or give anyone a file. So I did not break the Terms of Service. Simple as that.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well ive never had any problem with the way this boards moderated, better than 99.9% i reckon.
What needs to be remembered is that there are members of all ages on here so discussing something that may be illegal is not a great idea. But i dont know what you said or why your all fired up.
Go and have a beer (if your old enough) and then come back and chill out, thats what i usually do when i get a bit fired up.

good luck,

mojo

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've been banned from chat for no reason. Did nothing against the TOS. I am waiting for an answer to why I was banned for not breaking the TOS. They should reword it to "You shall not discuss hacking, cracking..etc instead of You shall not share or distribute it"

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You have a U2U explaining the reason...

From one of the Three Amigos no less... Confirming the reason you were kicked out, and banned from chat.

Are you claiming that the ownership is incapable of interpreting their own Terms & Conditions?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yes, I am. They need to reword the part I am talking about. Thats my only reason for complaining. It is written poorly. And needs to be updated if they wish to include simply discussing cracks.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
For example.. if I gave someone a key or something that would be breaking the rules. If I simply discussed keys in general. That would not be breaking them.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Yes, I am. They need to reword the part I am talking about. Thats my only reason for complaining. It is written poorly. And needs to be updated if they wish to include simply discussing cracks.

The guideline is clear:

2b.) HaXor: You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Emphasis mine.

I figure you got off light.

You also repeatedly violated this one:

5b) Cooperation: You will, if asked by myself or a moderator, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the representatives of the message board.

You were asked to stop... Several times... You didn't.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Whatever man. I don't care about it anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I got smacked 30 points for a one line reply.
I see them all the time.
Whats up with that?

I make an effort to make insightful and meaningful posts and replies.
Sometiimes going on is just drivel and repeating yourself.

I think the ability to disagree with a reply on a original post as invalid is valid enough if it does not answers the questions posed by the oriiginal thread.

I also see mystic mumojumbo on my science threads and byrd says something about others follow us around, friends and enemies we pick up/

gee I am new here I have no enemies and so lets keep science on science.

then she goes into physics 101 for mr mystic.

teach him on another thread and lets keep the science for science.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
CPY... dude, you broke the rules. Crying about it now, and saying they are unfair is silly. Accept that you were just shown how you did it, and do your best to make up for it.

It says you can't discuss illegal actions, and from what the Mod said, you were warned. This is the consequence for that action. Everything has consequences. That's how life is.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Rant done. Getting sick of repeating myself.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Mate you havent received a warn that i can see or been banned, i'd just forget it and get on with life.
Whether you've been treated fairly or not does'nt seem to have affected your ability to post except for chat? No biggie is it?
It is privately owned by the 3 amigo's so as far as i can tell they have the right to deal out punishments as they see fit.
Very rarely, if at all have i seen them or the staff abuse this power, in fact from my experience this is the best moderated board i've ever been involved with, particularly considering the volatile nature of subjects discussed here.
Dont mean to sound harsh but what harm has been done except for your perceived unjust treatment, when taken in context it is fairly lame.

Btw i generally like your posts so i'm not an official/unofficial apologist.

cheers mojo. (chin up, see ya round the board)

top topics

join